WIP Last Level of a game

MrNemo

Hello,

I haven't been on OCREMIX in FOREVER. I OC remixed Nightmare King's Dream, from Little Nemo the Dream Master. I have a link here to a song I am working on for the last level of a new game. Any criticism would be welcome, as my ears are toast. The last bit is pretty much crap until I can replace it, but I have some ideas for the next transition that should sound cool. I just need some help with ideas for this one from you guys, like the mix, sounds, anything. Thank you so much!

http://www.shanebarber.com/lastlevel.mp3

Mr. Nemo

At first, I'd have to agree with HoboKa that this sounds too happy for a last level theme, but you would really have to know what game its for. It could be a puzzle game or something. I'm really curious as to what type of game this is for.

Music-wise its pretty sweet. It's got a nice laid-back style, kind of an urban feeling. It makes me think of Megaman 7 for some reason. I can't find anything majorly wrong with it. Quality is very good and the arrangement stays interesting. It may not be something I'd listen to in my free time, but it's perfect for a video game. As for what to do next, I'd say just keep doing what your doing.

Thanks guys - yeah, it was removed from the last level slot for the same reasons you mentioned. And yeah, it is for a casual style "click the mouse!" kind of game, not very pressing or dramatic, more puzzle ish.

oo oo if you wanna give it a puzzle-ish feel, have chromatic bells, blow bottles and those kinda things ^^, that'd be awesome

I agree with Gimgak this remix reminds me of Megaman. Like one of the boss stages or something especially in the intro. It's almost like it came straight off of a game, without anyone remixing it or anything. Not bad..I like it. :)

yeah I can't believe this is a final boss remix eitheir.

Still cool though.

• 4 weeks later...