Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge - Several Tracks

Hinotori

Hey everyone,

This is my first day registered on the forums, but I've been a fan of the site for literally years with hundreds of remixes on my playlist already. I was motivated to come on here because, every few months or so, I check to see if Metal Combat has been remixed, but, as of yet, it has not. This is not too surprising since it's a relatively lesser known game, but some of the songs would have been great to see done over by the talented submitters here. I've been in love with the game and the soundtrack since I first played it when I was 12.

In order of desire to see remixed:

Ending Credits Final ST Times (begins at 4:09) - This plays when it recounts your achievements at the end of the game. This is my #1 request. The song was stuck in my head for WEEKS after I played the game. I sometimes beat the game all over again JUST to listen to it as a kid. If someone'd remix this, I'd be really happy. It's incredibly upbeat, catchy, and cheerfully triumphant.

- Epic, cheerful, and triumphant; also one of the few songs that's relatively long. Lots of material here to work with.

- A really catchy, happy-go-lucky song. Very short, however.

- A driving battle rhythm.

- Another driving battle rhythm.

- A tense, climactic battle rhythm.

- Sad and haunting; plays when you lose. It's a beautiful, easily overlooked melody.

Here's hoping someone takes this to heart!

Thanks so much for reading this!

Edited by Hinotori
Update!

OMG Damn yes! I played both Battle Clash and Metal Combat for SNES Super scope 6. Those are my favorite sci-fi epic games of all time. (Besides metroid) Those who don't know the storyline should play it.

The story goes:

A man who controls a battle machine called The Falcon is fighting way through the world to reach his arch nemesis Thanatos. Falcon has a death wish for Thanatos due to Falcon's father's death at the despotic hand of Thanatos.

I would even go as far to do Battle Clash as well. Especially the ending credits for it, I almost drew tears from that song. Here are some screen shots if you are unfamiliar with the two games.

Battle Clash:

snes%5Csn13.jpg

OMG Damn yes! I played both Battle Clash and Metal Combat for SNES Super scope 6. Those are my favorite sci-fi epic games of all time. (Besides metroid)

I'm glad someone else shares the same opinions about these games! Frankly, I was worried no one would have even heard of it. I've never played Battle Clash, but I'm sure it's in the same vein as Metal Combat.

• 5 years later...
There's exactly one remix of it that I'm aware of: http://www.dwellingofduels.net/dodarchive/06-08-Free_Month/18-DZX-Metal%20Combat%20Falcon's%20Revenge-The%20Fallen%20Warriors-DoD.mp3

There's also one for Battle Clash here (search for "Battle Clash", obviously): http://vgmixarchive.com/

Not bad (it's even of my favorite track). Thanks for the links!

I'd still love to see some remixes come to OCR. Maybe someday. :)