Guitarists - Fun songs to play

Devyn

Hey. I decided I wanted to learn something new on guitar the other day, so I looked up some video game tabs. I found this excellent stand-alone piece. It's mostly single notes, and sounds great even without accompaniment.

http://www.gametabs.net/nes/dragon-quest-i/tantegel-castle

It's a Dragon Warrior song that is super-fun and sounds really good. I've tried it with one of my acoustics and an electric with slight delay and distortion. When playing on the electric , I mute the strings to keep it clean. (I also use a pick for this one over finger style)

Even if you don't know the source tune, give it a try. So, let me know what you think, and give a recommendation if you want.

I've been learning the Okkusenman version of the Megaman themesong. It's really pretty fun, though the alternate (tremolo?) picking in the beginning is weird. You can see the song at this youtube link and in the description there's a link to the background track and the TAB.

Check out Life of Taty he has classical guitar arrangements, Video Game Jam which mostly has text based tabs and Game Tabs which again has mostly text based tabs.

I would also recommend checking out Ultimate Guitar which while it has a ton of 'real' bands there are some video game songs there and some of them are in PowerTab and/or GuitarPro formats.