Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy

DMZ

Call me boring and "newschool" but I wana see a Super Mario Galaxy remix. Actually not. The soundtrack for Galaxy is just so damn good, there isn't really much to improve on. Let me rephrase: I want to see an homage to Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack, and more specifically Gusty Garden Galaxy (#1-28 ), also a recuring melody in Purple Coins (#2-19) (I think? both melodies feel so similar). I'm pretty sure it's an original. Or did I miss the theme in a previous Mario game? Let me know.

This track is just so damn inspiring and empowering in Gusty Garden Galaxy yet energetic and cool in Purple Coins all at the same time. I'm wondering if it has any other hidden qualifiers in other genres of music. This is the kind of melody I could listen to 5 times over in 5 different musical styles all in one song :/

If you haven't played SMG yet, get crackin', you're missing out. Nothing quite like floating across ?-shaped planets stomping giant groundhogs with Gusty Garden Galaxy fully orchestrated in the background!

• 2 weeks later...

I also think someone should do a remix of the "Decisive Battle" (final battle), this one is just awesome.

But yeah, Gusty Garden, and the Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack in general is something of the best i have heard of VG music lately.

Hats off to Mahito Yokota, Im crossing my fingers for him composing the soundtrack to a new Zelda game, fully orchestrated, of course.

• 1 month later...

I just realized that this whole time, when I was getting on everyone's case about bumping topics that were identical to mine above mine, I had bumped mine above yours! Sorry DMZ! I shall now fix this by bumping yours back above mine, where it should be. On another note, Gusty Garden Galaxy is good, but what about Otherworld!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a link to any of the source material to any of the SMG songs? I'd like to do one (or help someone on one) soon.

I actually downloaded the entire soundtrack. So at the very least, I can help you guys with the proper names of the songs so you can hunt them down. Here's the song that I wanted remixed, called Otherworld:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9rGatLYPyk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually, it's called "Bowser's Galaxy Reactor".

Though my statement about Gusty Garden still stands.

No...actually it is called Otherworld as the Official Soundtrack said it was! So there! Hmph! Don't go saying what you think the song is called so strongly based on the name of the course it's from.

Really? o_O I have that song...but mine is called "Galaxy Plant". And I got it from the Official Soundtrack too.

Huh. Maybe they're translated differently. Lol

But yeah, that would be a cool song to have remixed. :D

In fact, I would accept almost any song from Super Mario Galaxy. I've been hoping to see a remixed song from that game. ^_^

That is weird. Huh. Oh well. Either way I can't get to it. The power supply for my laptop's busted. I forced it to work for a while longer by sticking a c-clamp on it, but there's still only so much that can be done before you gotta buy new stuff. And for the moment, I don't wanna buy new stuff for it! All my money's going to have my PS3 serviced right now. But yeah, Super Mario Galaxy music is good. I'm sure that as long as djpretzel or zircon made the mix (or someone skilled like that), then I'd like it regardless of which song from the game they chose to mix.

• 6 months later...

Good call KyleJCrb's

I was just about to mention that Gusty Garden was just done by Carbohydrom. As well there was another song in DoD called Flaming Hope which seems to be a variation of Gusty Garden with the Fire World/Ice World theme. If I'm not mistaken.

There have been quite a few Super Mario Galaxy remixes done. I'm hoping some long forgotten games get more attention though before we start seeing loads of Super Mario remixes...

Specifically Golden Sun right now :P

That and the Mega Man Zero series as well. Some game series get over looked way too much.