OCR00085 - Herzog Zwei "Breach"

Herzog Zwei 'Breach'

This game is so awesome and very overlooked. People who enjoyed games back in the day will appreciate this mix from Herzog Zwei on the 16-bit Genesis. I first rented the Mega Drive version of this game from a local game shop and it played on my Genesis without modification or any adapters. I was stoked. I didn't know what I was doing but soon got into it. It's TechnoSoft so of course the music was great.

This is my tribute to that fabulous action/strategy game. There are lots of great tunes to mix but I chose this one. I wanted to make it sound sort of nostalgic, which I think I accomplished during the intro and outro. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but this is better than TechnoSoft's own arrangement of music from the same game. In fact I'd say the original cartridge music is better than the TechnoSoft CD! Anyway if you enjoyed the game I think you'll like this mix. If you've never played the game, give it a try anyway. It's action music but it's not overwhelming, and it sounds smooth.

• 1 month later...

Nice song. :)

Herzog Zwei is still the best game out there.. more under rated then any game in history. I still cant believe there isnt a sequel made for the game, or anything like it. I would buy any console for a sequel to it..

one day...

• 1 month later...

Well I can't say that theres anything specifically 'wrong' with this mix, but for some reason I didn't enjoy it. I just wasn't fond of the entire track. Mabey its because i've never played the game, or listened to the original track, but to me the mix was below par. :(

aolhell.jpg

funny pic of the day / \

________________ |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Joe Rediford,

Hmm, I had registration problems when I first tried to register here, but as soon as I registered I had to get over here and sign my thanks.

I love this remix.

Herzog Zwei was great also. This piece captured the emotional tone of Breach well.

Cheers,

NeOmega

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I pmed u about this song.

But it's so awesome I have to tell EVERYONE!!!

This is an awesome remix of a game I used to sit playing for hours.

The Intro/Outro are especially awesome and the beats mixed in there have a great rhythym, best remix i've ever heard. Only one thing I have to say...

AWESOME :!::!::!::D:D:D:):):):lol::lol::lol::wink::wink::wink::P:P:P

I wouldn't say it's a super A+ song, but you got to give credit to the remixer for making such a tribute to such a wonderful game.

I used to own Herzog Zwei on my Genesis, and I still play it emulated on my Dreamcast every once in a while.

Great music, great work. Keep it up.

8/10

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I WOULD say it's a super A+ song/remix. It's emotional for me. Sad, with drama, has a story.

Joe - What is the origin of the title "Breach of Contract"?

It has meaning to me I'm wondering how you came up with it?

Music is a subjective experience and the mood and drama of this one strikes a chord within.

• 9 months later...

I know this is old, but dear god the drums are killing me. I really can't get past how awful they sound. Phew.

Now that that's out of my system, I can take a look at the rest of the mix. Fairly busy in terms of sound throughout, the theme has a very epic feel that is carried by the background. It feels like all the melodies and counter melodies could be a little clearer and possibly a little louder. Aside from that, this has it's own charms, though I can't bring myself to keep it. Nice work, but a pass from me.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Werner?

The intro was pretty promising, I actually like how it threw you into the beat immediately. Almost reminds me of a Tales battle theme? Once the main section started, the brass samples were a bit of a let-down, but what you're attempting to do is very cool. It seems simple but there's enough things going on in the background to warrant repeat listens.

The drums don't bug me that much, although maybe I'm just very forgiving of old OCR after 80 songs. Not sure how this arrangement is different from the original, although I have the feeling it's pretty conservative, but it sounds like it's a pretty great source, well chosen. Maybe it's easier to be more forgiving of a cover-y song when the source is more obscure? It's kind of too bad that this is the only remix of this game. Oh well. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00085 - Herzog Zwei "Breach"