prominy lpc question

well I finnaly have enough money saved up off to the side to get prominy lpc. but now I figured out, I have to get more software to get that software to work! oh god where does it end! so my question is, should I get it for kontakt2/3, or should I get it for gigastudio3? remember that Im really used to fl studio. so I would prefer to have it somehow connect into flstudio if there is a way. gigastudio3 sounds way more promising. but kontakt is made by native instruments. and I know that most of their software works in fl studio.

Kontakt, no contest.

There is nothing made for Gigastudio that can't be converted to Kontakt and there are tons of stuff for Kontakt that can't translate to giga because of the advanced scripting.

One of those little gems is LPC's own Multi instruments, which were advertised in their live video, this multi instrument is only available in Kontakt format.

Cheers,

It should also be noted that Prominy LPC is one MONSTER of a sample library.

I would say aside from its little multi instruments, which are giant keyswitches, it's an EXPERT level library and VERY intimidating.

I concur.

I'd also like to add that the clean instruments run through Guitar Rig DO sound pretty awesome, however...

• 2 weeks later...

okay, so Im new to kontakt 3, and I just got prominy lpc (clean) in the mail today. Im having trouble loading it into kontakt 3. I can upload some wav samples from it but I cant upload the entire sample library.

in other words I cant uplaod this...

http://www.prominy.com/image/LPC_SP_monitor.jpg

Im trying to upload it through the browser. what am I doing wrong?

While I do have to say that it's hilariously ironic that someone who calls himself The Guitar Hero has to rely on sampled guitars, I have to agree with Sixto. If you definitely, above all else, need something that sounds as close to the real deal as possible, then yes, $400 and 60 Gigs is a better bargain than a real guitar and the amount of time you need to spend learning to play it (Not to mention the recording equipment you'd have to buy).

It won't take years to create an expert performance with LPC.

Everyone has their own priorities and values when it comes to spending money.

By the same token, everyone here could take years to get involved in a symphony orchestra and earn the right to become a resident composer and then have original works of theirs performed by actual orchestral instruments instead of buying sample libraries.

Really, it goes without saying.

While I do have to say that it's hilariously ironic that someone who calls himself The Guitar Hero has to rely on sampled guitars, I have to agree with Sixto. If you definitely, above all else, need something that sounds as close to the real deal as possible, then yes, $400 and 60 Gigs is a better bargain than a real guitar and the amount of time you need to spend learning to play it (Not to mention the recording equipment you'd have to buy).

yeah, it is ironic isnt it lol! but its true. Ive been playing the guitar before I even got into mixing. I do plan on changing my name when I get a mix out, since it was just came up with it on the spot. I have been playing for probably 5 years now and I still have no talent for it. sad, I know. scales? yeah I learned them. lessons? yeah I took them.

I enjoy composing much more than trying to trick myself that I have talent in something that I dont.

I did buy only the clean version so its about 30 gigs gone.

maybe once guitar center sells talent, I'll go pick some up :)