Marble Zone WiP

halc

Cool. Feels longer than it is, tho, which is weird. Great sounds, nice rhythms, really cool stereo width, and it doesn't get repetitive despite it's limited melodic content. It shoudl crash into a chorus-like loud and really intense section at 0:46, then progress however it wants.

I assume what little melody there was is directly from source. This is a promising piece, and it's a style I find surpringly enjoyable. Keep working on it!

0:01 - Interesting idea. The intro really throws me off initially, i mean, upfront its kinda staggering. when i first played it i was like 'hm.. weird' ..

0:17 - The heavy bass is the biggest thing that throws me off. Very random and very powerful. Still, its a cool effect, just kinda jarring. maybe look at progressing things a bit slower - or rather - try to brace the listener a bit more?

0:30 - Now this is cool. I really dig the flow of the mix here, the way you splice the lead up against that heavy bass is just plain cool. Very neat effect. Excellent work. I see lots of room for addition with this too.

0:54 - Very neat. I could see lots of ideas for this - Things like breaking it down, having just the lead playing for a bit, then making the drums a bit more pronounced, I'd suggest just pushing forward and seeing what comes. But overall this is very solid. I'm curious to see where it goes.

Yeah, like the above, I would say that not having the bass and drums come in together like that would be a bit better; together it is quite jarring. Maybe add the drums first since they come in sporadically, and then add the bass in the next phrase, and then start with the melody and such.

For the next section, I suggest maybe getting quiet, just adding the melody, and then layering on the harmonies progressively to build it back up. It will help give the section length and complexity without having to do too much.

I like it can't wait till its done. The beats, drums, and synths all sound pretty cool. Almost a lot like the original.

Really wish the WIP was longer though I was really getting all into it, but than it stopped. :sad:

Keep working on it. I guess thats why they call it an "WIP." ;-)

Finally another great Marble Zone remix composition on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Towards the end of wip2, I'm starting to hear some production issues with the track levels, the drums are louder than everything else. Bring down the drums _a little_, not much. I'm still enjoying this.

Length is your biggest problem tho. You could go into a beat-orchestral-synthbass section next with a really punchy bass, that's just a suggestion, but the bass so far, while awesome, doesn't have a punch. Would be nice to have a section with more punch in the bass, not just the drums.

But overall, this is one of the tracks I'm really looking forward to seeing how it develops. I think one of the problems you'll run into is direction, but you've fortunately employed a style that's very varied, so changing stuff later on shouldn't that big a problem, technically.

Too cool. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the greatest WIPs I have heard. builds nicely and smoothly in the beginning, expecially like your triplet mixed with your duplet pattern at 49.

Then when the lead came in from the marble zone it felt quite in place.

Then after that you brought the tension back down towards the end at 1:31 from there you could build back up, Bring in some phat bass beats, well dont overblow it but give it a good punch you know. but thats a suggestion

I think that this track has a big shot for a spot in OCR

-Mike