OCR00925 - *YES* Final Fantasy 4 'A Chocobo's Mystic Life'

djpretzel

I don't have this song in my judging logs. However, I haven't been judging since judging had originally began.

I really like the introduction here. I seriously dislike how it changes into a technoish arrangement. I like the variation from the original, though. I particularly like starting at 1:48. The ending is quite nice, also. It's comparable to the introduction.

YES

Hmmm, this is a difficult one.

The mix sounds like that cheapy sort of techno. Yeah, DiscoDan said it right, "Grocery store". Now if that is the effect that the remixer wanted, then fine, but to be honest I'm not sure whether this is enough of an evolution to be posted on this site.

Oh well, if I'm not sure about anything in life, just to be safe, I always say

NO

While I agree with Daniel and Malcos that better samples might have been worth checking out, I think the samples in question were a deliberate choice. Of course they sound kiddie; this is a chocobo theme!

It sounds like something I'd expect to hear if David the Gnome traded Swift for a chocobo. This song wasn't meant to be hardcore techno and for that, the samples in question fit the melody which has been beautifully expanded upon. It always surprises me when someone can do a new version of the 3rd most remixed song on the planet. I think this'd be a nice addition to OC. Even if it ain't I'm keepin' it for myself. Hell, I've always loved the chocobo theme anyways.

Yes.

My only gripe is the ending. I felt like it came too quickly. The part that starts in around 2:30 leads you to believe that you've only reached half of the song. 2/3 at the MOST. Instead, you get a quickie paste of a happy-go-lucky chocobo theme, it's over in ten seconds, and I'M stuck lying in the wet spot...

It's okay, I still love you and it's not enough to turn the song down. The question is will you respect me in the morning? :cry:

#1: Super Mario Bros. main theme

#2: The Prelude

#3: Chocobo theme. Uematsu himself packs in about two version of this song himself between FFIV and FFIX. When the guy who originally wrote it remixes it to death, you KNOW you'd better come correct.

Wow, I'm liking this a whole bunch actually. I read the comments posted by the other judges a while ago and anticipated something I'd really dislike, but so far this doesn't disappoint. When Dan said Grocery Store techno I guess I was expecting elevator music, but that's certainly not what I heard. Pizza made a comparison to David the Gnome, I haven't seen the show so I can better make a comparison to Kirby (Yay, Kirby!). This sounds like it could be background music for a level having Kirby riding a Chocobo.

Okay, I'm rambling now. Getting back on track, I personally couldn't find much wrong with this, even with the points the other judges made to go on. The one thing that did stand out would have to be the ending, I also felt it was too abrupt.

Anyway, that's all from me.

Vote: Yes