ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

• 2 months later...
Someone added Sky Diver, Inside Her to the recently rejected list without moving the decision.

Oh wait it's "ASK a judge"... In the form of a question:

Someone added Sky Diver, Inside Her to the recently rejected list without moving the decision, yes?

The last vote was a while ago, so it showed up several pages behind. Next time we do that, I'll try to bump the thread so it shows up more recently.

Two questions, and they will seem pretty strange.

I saw someone on the wip boards making an arrangement of the theme they heard on an FFXIII trailer about a year ago. Would you guys YES something before the game even came out?

And just for kicks, what would you say about

For anyone *cough*Brad*cough* that complains that judging surely can't take up very much time, I have just spent the past hour and 45 minutes voting on TWO mixes. Some of this crap is just complicated. Even with my newfound voting leniency.

I'm not complaining, I just thought I'd throw that out there to address anyone who thinks that voting is something that can't take more than 10-15 minutes.

After reading all 34 pages of this thread, I just have one question for the judges.

Say a submission is only OK in production (EQ etc), and the instruments used could be a little better, but the song is very good musically and very creative.

1. Is it possible for a song like this to still get a YES?
  2. Would it be more likely to get a NO (RESUBMIT) than a song with opposite problems? (i.e. good producing, great instruments, lacking musically)

OK, that was two questions. :<

After reading all 34 pages of this thread, I just have one question for the judges.

Say a submission is only OK in production (EQ etc), and the instruments used could be a little better, but the song is very good musically and very creative.

1. Is it possible for a song like this to still get a YES?
  2. Would it be more likely to get a NO (RESUBMIT) than a song with opposite problems? (i.e. good producing, great instruments, lacking musically)

OK, that was two questions. :<

1. Sure. We just passed a song like this.

2. Can't give you a blanket answer like that, it really depends on how good the producing or arrangement is. One can compensate for the other, but only to a certain extent. I will say we don't get that many subs with great production that are lacking musically (it's rare to see someone who can produce well but doesn't have a melodic ear), but often we get great-sounding subs that are too liberal or conservative with the source material.