ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

I don't know if this has been answered yet or not, though my forum search didn't find anything for it, but is there a particular reason that there are no remixer names on the judge's queue list? I know the post is supposed to be information for people who have submitted mixes or are tracking a mix, so I was curious as to the reason why names aren't listed while the sub date, game name, and song title is listed.

I don't know if this has been answered yet or not, though my forum search didn't find anything for it, but is there a particular reason that there are no remixer names on the judge's queue list? I know the post is supposed to be information for people who have submitted mixes or are tracking a mix, so I was curious as to the reason why names aren't listed while the sub date, game name, and song title is listed.

I would imagine for the same reason they don't list the URL for rejected tracks. Theoretically, you should know which mix is yours and, while cool to show off that you got a mix approved waaay before it's posted, if you happen to be one of the ones rejected, that could be potentially embarrassing. Naturally, I don't know the exact reason, but, if I were responsible for it, that would be my reasoning. Judges?

But... your rejection thread gets sent to a public forum anyway, so you can see not only the name of everyone that's getting rejected, but everything about their submission, so that can't be the reason...

Perhaps it's to make it a bigger surprise when a queued mix gets posted? I dunno, I'd like to see remixer names attached to the posted/queued tracks, though.

Honestly, it's just a matter of convenience for us. When we update that thread, we just copy the thread titles (minus some judge-only information), and the thread title is sometimes long enough that we would have to leave out the remixer name, so we don't include it on our end. Simply put, it's just one more thing that would delay judging, and I don't think much is gained from doing it. It also adds even more information to the already bloated Currently... thread.

OA has been updating that thread lately, so if he wants to do it, that's cool with me.

I agree that it doesn't really add a ton of information to the thread, as the NO's get the thread posted anyways.

However, I do think that having a more standard "currently.." thread update schedule would be nice. I'll be doing it Wednesdays at noon from here on out. That way people will know the day that it's updated, so they don't have to keep randomly checking it and seeing no updates. They can check on Wednesday and see what's new.

I just updated it, so it's a day early this week, but it'll stick to the schedule from here on out. :-D

I agree that it doesn't really add a ton of information to the thread, as the NO's get the thread posted anyways.

However, I do think that having a more standard "currently.." thread update schedule would be nice. I'll be doing it Wednesdays at noon from here on out. That way people will know the day that it's updated, so they don't have to keep randomly checking it and seeing no updates. They can check on Wednesday and see what's new.

I just updated it, so it's a day early this week, but it'll stick to the schedule from here on out. :-D

Who are you again...?

Very cool. Might want to turn off the smilies in that thread, though. :P

also, since there's only one (sometimes two) guys handling the inbox, it's more important for them to always be moving songs to the panel. At the very least, once it's to the panel, we can start chipping away at it. Before it gets to us, it's quite literally dead in the water. Any progress > No progress, wouldn't you agree? :)

I'll admit, the Red and Green "NO" votes are kind of lol to me, however it's worth noting that both Larry and I are donating at least a couple hours of our holiday to moving the queue along

:)

Thanks for that, judges. It's nice to see that you guys take the time to listen to all of the submissions and vote. :)

Every vote is a step closer to and judging my mix in the queue (it was subbed in October, so I gotta wait about 2-3 months for you guys to get to it. The faster you judge, the closer you'll be to judging mixes subbed much more recently, and maybe you'll actually catch up to judging mixes subbed in the same month you're judging them). :tomatoface: (And hopefully I won't get NO'd :-P )

Edited by Neblix

Maybe... because Christmas is supposed to be happy and getting NO'd on the panel with Christmas colors is...

Okay never mind.

That's pretty much what I meant, though there's a good chance I was misusing the word "irony" because it was 3 AM :-P And it was completely in jest, I definitely appreciate the work going into keeping things moving along!

Edited by Emunator

But seriously, I ask why are there August mixes being judged when there are still July (and back) mixes in the queue?! That's not fair, guys. :tomatoface:

Thanks you for bringing this to our attention. Clearly we were not aware of this until you told us, again and again and again. :lol:

We're already getting to 'em. They're being got.