ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

Group names: How do they work?

Like Liontamer and the Scuba Divers or whatever.

If they wanted to use The Scuba Divers name on a future track, but had different people in the group, or only a couple that continue on and other people come in or get replaced, the group name can still be used right? Like The Overclocked Plaid Muffins is a group name. How does they work. When you get DIFFERENT people next time you use it...?

It's basically up to the artist, within reason. If one or two people get replaced out of a large group, but the artist still wants everyone to be included in that group name, that wouldn't be a problem.

Personal New Year's resolution 2011:

The "currently in the judging queue" will be no more than 1 week behind.

It was 5 months behind at it's low point this year, and we are currently 3 months behind. We are adding 2 weeks worth of subs every week, so we should be caught up sometime before February.

Sounds good! I hope you guys can do it. Maybe then, I can get my mixes posted more often than once per year. :razz:

• 1 month later...
the TBJ queue.

Holy Crap.

That is all.

This is what happens when you don't outsource your gruntwork to third-world countries.

"Yes, hello, thank you for calling OCR ReMix! How may I help you?...your submission hasn't been judged yet? Well, first, please make sure that your monitor is on. Okay, it is, now please make sure your computer is plugged in...it is, alright, sir...oh, sorry, alright ma'am. Please make sure that you have adequate source usage and that you are not using your cd tray as a cup holder...well, when did you submit?...please hold while I transfer your call"

doot-do-do-do dooot doot do-doooo-do

doot-do-do-do dooot doot do-doooo-do

Well at least they're burning up the amount of DR/DP going on. That's...some kind of victory, I think.

Hmmm...Okay, tough one (at least for me). How would you classify say...a remix popping up in the inbox that happened to be a remix of a song from this game ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_n%27_Roll_Racing ), which just happen to be actual songs in the first place? Would you allow that, or instareject?

From the submissions policy:

The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify

Hmmm...Okay, tough one (at least for me). How would you classify say...a remix popping up in the inbox that happened to be a remix of a song from this game ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_n%27_Roll_Racing ), which just happen to be actual songs in the first place? Would you allow that, or instareject?

Awww, nostalgia. We had this game. :D

I can answer the question: depends on the source. At least the racing music would be NO OVERRIDE for not being written for the game.