ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

Two questions. the first one might be rhetorical and a waste of space, but maybe one of you will have an awesome answer for it:

1) When BP had that horrible spill a while back, was it just oil that leaked or was hatorade seeping out, too? It seems like it's been leaking around here a bunch, particularly on the Remix Review Threads...:roll:

2) How many times can we re-edit a mix that has been "Yes'd" but hasn't officially been posted yet?

And do we have to wait the 3-week interval before re-submitting the mix and submitting another, unrelated mix, or does that re-sub (with the fixes) count as one of the standard submissions?

(I'm talking about #2 in Section 7 over here)

2) How many times can we re-edit a mix that has been "Yes'd" but hasn't officially been posted yet?

And do we have to wait the 3-week interval before re-submitting the mix and submitting another, unrelated mix, or does that re-sub (with the fixes) count as one of the standard submissions?

(I'm talking about #2 in Section 7 over here)

Depends on the type of edit we're talking about. If it's a little thing here and there that isn't changing anything drastically, we'd probably be inclined to take it, but we'd rather that the track be finished when you send it in. Anything that's more than a minor change isn't gonna work for us, because it would have to be re-judged. Feel free to ask us on a specific track if you really want to do a change, if nothing else we say NO (see what I did there?).

Resubs are exempt from the 3-week rule, albeit I know I'd be personally less inclined to vote on your stuff if you submit 5 resubs and a new mix at once :)

I made a tiny fix to a song of mine, fixed the release on mellotron pad for String chamellotron and sent Enumerator a wav... dunno if you guys have that version or the one right before it without the fixed string release. :cry: It's good to hear you'll accept little thangs like that. I fixed it cause larry was all like :cry: about them and larry is my best friend ever

Only my best friends ever have the power to influence that kind of change in a string pad release time!

I'm just going to clarify/back up what the other Js said.

Jordanius: Seems like you want to revise Gitaroo Man... again? If the changes aren't drastic, we don't need to revote. If they are a major overhaul, like your past major overhaul, we'd need to revote. At some point, I'd call it a wrap if I were you, BUT it's your arrangement, so if you need to do some more to get it where you need it, that's fine, just keep us in the loop by mailing the judges about how it's going. Just reply to our previous conversation from the judges mailbox and I'll see it.

Strader: We generally post the album versions of mixes, so as long as your lossless version reached the project people, we'll also get it.

Also, though we prefer MP3 submissions, I have no problem encoding other people's WAVs if they need a higher bitrate but don't know the ins-and-outs of how to encode. If needed, they can always talk to me about that.

Thank you fellers, you could use the album version once that comes out if it would be easier... If it wouldn't be easier I can cook up an mp3 for ya. :-)

On a related note, I have that ff9 conditional track, and I've sent the fix a couple times to a couple different people, but I never actually was told what the conditional conditions were (Fishy mentioned there was a skip which I fixed) but apart from that I didn't know.... was the fix not accepted, did it not address the problems? I should send a new mp3 to someone? Or just say to use the album version again, haha? 'Cause Fishy has the fixed WAV

Thank you fellers, you could use the album version once that comes out if it would be easier... If it wouldn't be easier I can cook up an mp3 for ya. :-)

On a related note, I have that ff9 conditional track, and I've sent the fix a couple times to a couple different people, but I never actually was told what the conditional conditions were (Fishy mentioned there was a skip which I fixed) but apart from that I didn't know.... was the fix not accepted, did it not address the problems? I should send a new mp3 to someone? Or just say to use the album version again, haha? 'Cause Fishy has the fixed WAV

Aren't these questions more suitable for a PM at this point?

EDIT: nevermind. the gitaroo remix is fine, i'd just be adding parsley to a pb&j sandwich if I edited it anymore. thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. =/

Depends on the type of edit we're talking about. If it's a little thing here and there that isn't changing anything drastically, we'd probably be inclined to take it, but we'd rather that the track be finished when you send it in. Anything that's more than a minor change isn't gonna work for us, because it would have to be re-judged. Feel free to ask us on a specific track if you really want to do a change, if nothing else we say NO (see what I did there?).

Resubs are exempt from the 3-week rule, albeit I know I'd be personally less inclined to vote on your stuff if you submit 5 resubs and a new mix at once :)

thanks, I'm pretty sure this won't become a habit in the future. I'm most likely way too anxious to get it "perfect" because it's my first mix.:)!!

I'm just going to clarify/back up what the other Js said.

Jordanius: Seems like you want to revise Gitaroo Man... again? If the changes aren't drastic, we don't need to revote. If they are a major overhaul, like your past major overhaul, we'd need to revote. At some point, I'd call it a wrap if I were you, BUT it's your arrangement, so if you need to do some more to get it where you need it, that's fine, just keep us in the loop by mailing the judges about how it's going. Just reply to our previous conversation from the judges mailbox and I'll see it.

yessir, but definitely not a massive overhaul this time. I just want to add brass chords to the very, very end. Do I need to redo the submission form and userID and all that stuff, or just notify a judge and email the new edit?

Edited by Damashii!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a question about my Legend of Dragoon remix, what happened to it lol? It's been in the queue since June of last year, granted, OA offered to tweak it a bit and I agreed but then decided to let it go through the panel but now I don't see it anywhere on the list and I've searched the forum for a thread if it's been judged already but I haven't gotten anything O_o.

Also: What are the guidelines to submitting a song from an album?

Edited by BlackPanther

Looks like it's all OA's fault. Can't see no fix in the thread. I can send him an angry letter or a horse's head if you like.

Lol if I didn't like Andrew, maybe I would take you up on that offer. But yeah, Deia gave me the scoop, thanks guys.

I'm assuming when I sub a song I just put somewhere in the message that the remix I'm submitting is part of an album?