ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

Please stop speculating. v6 will be out when it's out. Also please stop answering questions in this thread.

I actually meant to bring this up in the other thread but yes, if someone is asking the staff a question and it isn't immediately stated material that can be copy/pasted from the site itself or wiki, let the staff answer it. So regardless of thread, please do not answer questions on behalf of staff.

so, is it possible to have your status as posted remixer revoked? like say, if the mix you posted 5 years ago, gets pulled for whatever reason, and its your only mix. Do you then lose the little stamp under your forum name? I mean, im not posted or anything(yet), so it doesnt matter to me, but i am kinda curious

so, is it possible to have your status as posted remixer revoked? like say, if the mix you posted 5 years ago, gets pulled for whatever reason, and its your only mix. Do you then lose the little stamp under your forum name? I mean, im not posted or anything(yet), so it doesnt matter to me, but i am kinda curious

Sure. If you have 0 mixes posted, you're not an OC ReMixer.

• 2 weeks later...
If someone decided to make a ReMix with just computer hardware, (I.E. see links below), based on whether or not it was good enough, would a mix make it in?

(Phantom of the Floppera! Ha!)

Going by the good ol' standards, I would say these employ nothing but basic tones and would most likely get rejected. You could theoretically do some sophisticated sounds with hardware, but if it sounds like these examples, I'd say no go.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if I am allowed to use the Nintendo Zone Jingle from the 3DS in a remix. It can be heard at 00:23-26 in this video (if it’s okay to post it here). You will have to turn up the volume to hear it

. I plan on using it with another video game song and meshing them into one remix. Can I use the jingle, or not? Thanks :). Edited by Cosmic Sounds

I've asked before but I can't remember what the heck to do so I'll ask again: If I wanted a picture for my artist page, what or where do I go to do that?

PM Liontamer.

I was wondering if I am allowed to use the Nintendo Zone Jingle from the 3DS in a remix. It can be heard at 00:23-26 in this video (if it’s okay to post it here). You will have to turn up the volume to hear it
. I plan on using it with another video game song and meshing them into one remix. Can I use the jingle, or not? Thanks :).

If it's only used on the 3DS menu, we likely would not consider it game music, but if you're using it in a remix that has dominant source usage of another video game song, I personally would not have a problem. Although we state in our standards that non-VGM source use should be limited, console menu music is close enough to VGM music that I think it's acceptable. I can't give you a 100% answer on this because I don't think we've had this situation come up, just my feelings on it.

If it's only used on the 3DS menu, we likely would not consider it game music, but if you're using it in a remix that has dominant source usage of another video game song, I personally would not have a problem. Although we state in our standards that non-VGM source use should be limited, console menu music is close enough to VGM music that I think it's acceptable. I can't give you a 100% answer on this because I don't think we've had this situation come up, just my feelings on it.

I could PM you the WIP so you can hear how it's being used. I have Reaper (trial), and I can export files as a .rpp consolidated file. It says that other DAWs can read it, but I'm not fully sure about that. I'll send it to you and see how it goes.

Edit: To be more specific, I'm using (The Arena: Lobby) song from Kirby Returns to Dreamland as the dominant source. Which is same song as the (Save Hut) from Kirby Super Star; but, I want to list it's source as being from Kirby Returns to Dreamland. Can I request this?

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

A few weeks ago or so, I sent a PM to DragonAvenger, Liontamer, and Palpable. Can one of you read it, or tell me if you've read it? It's a minor fix on the first two of my last three subs (the first two were sent in the first week of December 2012 and February 2013, respectively).

About your artist name? If so, loud and clear. :-)

while searching for a midi file for a remix i wanted to try, i cam across a song that i wanted to clarify the eligibility of in terms of being posted on here. The theme tune on the soul reaver 1 soundtrack, ozar midrashim, which can be heard at numerous points in the game, is apparently written by a band and is not officially part of the games ost. does this mean it is against policy to be posted as a remix?

Sorry to keep pestering about my subs D: I just have something else to ask:

I accidentally sent in a resub about 2 and a half weeks right after another sub, and I completely forgot that it was a 3 week waiting period and not 2 weeks . Should I send in this song again or would that be redundant since I'm mentioning it here?

Also, Liontamer.. since we apparently live in the ATL, if I came to your house with a McRib offering on a silver platter, would you be willing to pass all my songs through the panel?

I'm kinda curious about this;
sounds like Pachelbel's Canon in D, so what if that were to be remixed? Could that be a valid remix for OCR? It's certainly used in the game, but people might confuse it with the actual Canon in D.

Nope. It's Canon in D. Not eligible for OCR.

while searching for a midi file for a remix i wanted to try, i cam across a song that i wanted to clarify the eligibility of in terms of being posted on here. The theme tune on the soul reaver 1 soundtrack, ozar midrashim, which can be heard at numerous points in the game, is apparently written by a band and is not officially part of the games ost. does this mean it is against policy to be posted as a remix?

Yeah, not eligible.