ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

Not to be a pain in the ass but it didn't reach the panel in this update :sad: There are some Resubs from even April in the panel so it's weird that mine (sent in March) isn't there.

It's on there now, jn, that's my fault, sorry. No worries about the judges list, that'll be updated again and will have you listed then.

For everyone else, I'll be taking over the inbox once again this month in order to truck through the backlog, starting some time next week.

For everyone else, I'll be taking over the inbox once again this month in order to truck through the backlog, starting some time next week.

Thanks dude. :mrgreen:

Hey sorry for the DOUBLE post but I just noticed you guys ninja-entered the music video version of my recent Wild Arms into the mixpost thing... I gotta say I was surprised to see this was done, but it makes a lot of sense. Was this because of what the youtube commenter said on the recent youtube upload? Hmm the comment isn't there anymore but the guy basically asked "Are you guys going to update the ocremix youtube video?"

Or was this done before that?

I think it's a cool idea, is this something that you could see OCR doing for all of the mixposts? The ones that people make videos for, I mean.

I thought with Version 6 of OCR (upcoming) that it would have things for the ocr upload, music video if available, and link to the source for the song?

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Edited by Liontamer
double post merge

Hey sorry for the DOUBLE post but I just noticed you guys ninja-entered the music video version of my recent Wild Arms into the mixpost thing... I gotta say I was surprised to see this was done, but it makes a lot of sense. Was this because of what the youtube commenter said on the recent youtube upload? Hmm the comment isn't there anymore but the guy basically asked "Are you guys going to update the ocremix youtube video?"

Or was this done before that?

I think it's a cool idea, is this something that you could see OCR doing for all of the mixposts? The ones that people make videos for, I mean.

I thought with Version 6 of OCR (upcoming) that it would have things for the ocr upload, music video if available, and link to the source for the song?

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I think it's a pretty cool idea.

We'll update the main video later. You're overthinking things, but only because we already thunk them. :lol: So yes, this was done a while ago, you just didn't notice it, when there's a video by the artist and we know of it, we link that.

We'll update the main video later. You're overthinking things, but only because we already thunk them. :lol: So yes, this was done a while ago, you just didn't notice it, when there's a video by the artist and we know of it, we link that.

That's a cool idea actually! I actually tried seeing if the same was done for "The Root of All Things" in spite of the one on my YT page being the WCRG version, but nevertheless I'm all in for giving props to the visual side of OCR too.

(Now if only if I can end up at a point where I don't have to revise things so much... xD)

That's a cool idea actually! I actually tried seeing if the same was done for "The Root of All Things" in spite of the one on my YT page being the WCRG version, but nevertheless I'm all in for giving props to the visual side of OCR too.

(Now if only if I can end up at a point where I don't have to revise things so much... xD)

Video has to be the same version as the OCR one.

Video has to be the same version as the OCR one.

Oh.... is that why you changed it back? :-P

Because as far as I know there's only a little difference, which

, where I had tried doing the harmony with guitar for this part in the solo (before changing it to glockenspiel for the ocr version)

I try to put up the final versions on youtube but sometimes it's just a matter of some small changes before something gets subbed. :-( Or lately, big changes after being subbed. :<

• 2 weeks later...

this might be a dumb question, ok two dumb questions:

1. whats the difference between projects and the recruitment thread? is one official and one not?

2. do you have to be posted to join an official project? or just workshop the hell out of a mix until its up to proper quality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJj4l959i0k Has a skip at 0:00

10101a3f5596b6fe157ec413d6159d90.jpg

:lol::tomatoface: added emoticons so you can tell i wasn't trying to sound harsh

Don't see what the :lol: deal is. YouTube's glitched our videos before during an upload. We'll just have to replace it.

this might be a dumb question, ok two dumb questions:

1. whats the difference between projects and the recruitment thread? is one official and one not?

2. do you have to be posted to join an official project? or just workshop the hell out of a mix until its up to proper quality?

1. Yes, one's official and one's not. Projects are efforts that are already approved as upcoming OCR album projects. Anything that's not at that status yet can develop in the Recruitment thread.

a. No. Confirmed by looking at many project rosters and seeing that not everyone's a posted OC ReMixer.

b. Yes. Make a strong track.

Don't see what the :lol: deal is. YouTube's glitched our videos before during an upload. We'll just have to replace it.

Eh was just trying to make it sound not harsh, I certainly wasn't laughing at you or about what happened or anything. Someone said I come across intense a lot of the time, or people can't tell I'm not being super serious, so I should use more emoticons. It's a work in progress. :sleepzzz:

Thanks! I'll be less silly if I need to report something like that in the future.

EDIT: I can't find the project resources, concerning proper file naming and all that... There should really be a thread in Projects or something with that information..

Edit: Judge process thread update? :-D

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, just like any submission in the inbox.

If they're not emailed though, and instead sent to a judge, can they also be considered for dp? Or does going straight to panel make that impossible?

----

Congratulations on the recent Kickstarter news! This raises a good question, what are the chances of V6 launching at the same time? Or at least soon? :-D

If they're not emailed though, and instead sent to a judge, can they also be considered for dp? Or does going straight to panel make that impossible?

If something's just private messaged, it has to be added to the panel. If it's emailed, it could bypass the panel.

Congratulations on the recent Kickstarter news! This raises a good question, what are the chances of V6 launching at the same time? Or at least soon? :-D

He's continuing to work on it. It depends on what djp wants to do, but there's no simultaneous reveal planned.

This one is pretty interesting. I might remix

in the future (The
has more distinct background notes).

The first 4 seconds sound like the Zorro theme at about 0:15

. Is it acceptable to have a section in the remix that is either purposefully or accidentally written in a way that sounds like the Zorro theme? :D What if the instruments are different from the orchestral combination in the Zorro theme? For example, a Duduk instead of a violin/viola section, but the brass section and cello/double bass section are still as they are. Edited by timaeus222

This one is pretty interesting. I might remix
in the future (The
has more distinct background notes).

The first 4 seconds sound like the Zorro theme at about 0:15

. Is it acceptable to have a section in the remix that is either purposefully or accidentally written in a way that sounds like the Zorro theme? :D What if the instruments are different from the orchestral combination in the Zorro theme? For example, a Duduk instead of a violin/viola section, but the brass section and cello/double bass section are still as they are.

It's just 4 notes; that's not enough to describe that whole MMZ theme as taken from Zorro. Don't worry about it.