ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

Alright, quick question.

I'm in a bit of a predicament. I have two submissions that haven't hit the queue yet. Here's the problem; each remix link in each email was for a file hosted on KNGI.org... which is now ded for an indefinite period of time.

Is there someone I can/should talk to about re-linkage?

I edited my post. DarkeSword said:

PM DragonAvenger. I don't manage the queue from inbox. I have no inbox access.
Edited by timaeus222

It means they need another "metal guy" on the panel. Wouldn't hurt, plus I'm sure they could find someone who has done metal AND electronica, maybe orchestral, maybe even some ethnic music! Someone who is dedicated and often around, someone who has refused to abandon OCR even when times were tough! No idea who such a person is but I hope they find him! :-)

It means they need another "metal guy" on the panel. Wouldn't hurt, plus I'm sure they could find someone who has done metal AND electronica, maybe orchestral, maybe even some ethnic music! Someone who is dedicated and often around, someone who has refused to abandon OCR even when times were tough! No idea who such a person is but I hope they find him! :-)

Yes! To whom is he referring? Hhhhmmm...

Just pass everything that's in the queue. What's the harm.

No. Just no.

Edited by Chimpazilla
grammar, haha

Just curious, do you guys still do guest judging/opinions, or was that just a thing back when you guys were less experienced? =0

Something else is, what can we do for you to speed up the judging process? More source breakdowns? Submit only our best works? Write our own djp writeups? (only kidding on the last one)

Edited by timaeus222

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally post in this thread, but it's been a while since any judges chimed in, so why not :)

I just pm'd you, Darke and Larry, with a very thorough analysis. Please let me know your thoughts once you two have pondered it for a while. I don't need an ASAP response, just get back to me after you've thought about some of the ideas I brought up.

Thanks

Yeah, Jordan, we actually had a lengthly, in-person discussion at Pax regarding the points you brought up as well as other ideas for speeding up the process. We're actively working some of these ideas and making changes to improve how we're doing things.

Just curious, do you guys still do guest judging/opinions, or was that just a thing back when you guys were less experienced? =0

Something else is, what can we do for you to speed up the judging process? More source breakdowns? Submit only our best works? Write our own djp writeups? (only kidding on the last one)

From what I've seen, soliciting guest judgements wasn't as much because of inexperience as it was for a very specific situation with the song (for example, a very niche genre). As far as I know, we're not closed to doing it, but logistically I don't think it would speed things up.

As for your other question, yes, having a source breakdown is a huge help for me personally. Also, I wouldn't say submitting your "best" works as much as doing your best to bring your song to it's fullest potential and submitting it when you feel it has a good chance of passing (vs. "I know this won't pass but I decided to submit it anyway...").

Can we have judge process thread update this Wednesday (or thereabouts?) ;-)

I don't have access to do this, but I don't think you'd want me to be updating the thread anyway :). You'll likely need to bug Larry or Deia if they don't see this post here.

Edited by Nutritious

I don't have access to do this, but I don't think you'd want me to be updating the thread anyway :). You'll likely need to bug Larry or Deia if they don't see this post here.

AWwww now now, literally anyone who has access could do it! It should produce the same results no matter who updates it. I would have loved if you did it, but without having access that's a no go. :cry: You ain't less special than Larry or Deia, my good man. :-)