ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who checks the "in the judging queue" post every day to see if the date has moved forward. The "subbed on or before" date has been stuck at February 9th now for several weeks. This is very close to eight months ago now.

I realize everyone is busy and has their own lives and projects to do, and I also realize that judging is a time-consuming and not-so-glamorous job. I can only imagine the drudgery of having to weed through all the initial submissions, wow huge respect and appreciation to Larry and OA and whoever else may be doing that job. I can also imagine that other projects are more important than the regular judging queue. So my question is genuinely asked with understanding and with all due respect. But are there plans to improve this process? Or is it really time to stop submitting single remixes and just focus on projects and compos? I'm not leaving OCR anytime soon, I LOVE IT HERE... but I will probably adjust my writing direction based on the answer to this question.

Again, all due respect... no hate... I know you guys are busting your butts every day with the stuff you're working on... I'm just really curious, and I'm sure others are as well.

the wall was several Judges, including myself, stepping down. Just not enough qualified peeps to keep it up, though they are working very hard.

I'm really, REALLY sorry to hear this. I personally feel very sad that the normal judging queue has become such a problem... I can understand judge burnout, though, I really can. But I'm wondering, is the ride over? Should we give up on individual submissions? Projects seem to be still moving forward, generally, should we just put our efforts there? Or, will new judges be coming along anytime soon?

The eight months is just the first part of the waiting to have a song judged and posted. There is still quite a long wait after that, too. It has become quite disheartening. There's just gotta be a better way!?

edit: I'm just going on record here publicly to volunteer for any part of the process that would be helpful. Anything at all. I've got time for it.

Edited by Chimpazilla

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering, could I send in a potential fix to a song that has already passed? If it's too much trouble or it'd need to be rejudged then no thanks, it's not a huge deal. I'd just want to fix the mastering. :-)

This has always been allowed for anything that's yet to be posted. I just emailed you regarding something that just passed, so maybe that's the one you're referring to. In any case, you can always email or PM me with a revision.

I've done it before. Larry must be thoroughly annoyed with me, but he's never rejected the update.

I think you overthink.

This has always been allowed for anything that's yet to be posted. I just emailed you regarding something that just passed, so maybe that's the one you're referring to. In any case, you can always email or PM me with a revision.

Nah, I was talking about something else, I didn't know 'that one' had passed. I'll be producing fixes for both of them today. :tomatoface:

It has been really awesome that the judge process thread is being updated almost every day, but it is hard to see what the changes are, probably because there is just so much content on the page. Is there any way it could be separated, or maybe introduce one of these jobbies? new.gif

Sometimes, there's no update other than date. But we be votin'. As for that GIF, no.

• 2 weeks later...

Would OCR give some kind of special coverage to a mix that was produced for considerable cash (studio time, etc)

I know they've posted 'music video' for mix in the past, on the front, but if none is available, I wonder what kind of thing you guys would do, or if you would even do anything at all apart from just a normal mix post