ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

Do album mix appear on the list in the judging process? or is it an error?

No, not an error. Remixers are welcome to submit their mixes for projects just as normal submissions. If you look at the front page now, you'll see a couple songs from previously released projects that were submitted this way. The standards for individual mixes are higher than for what can be on a project, so it's not guaranteed to pass, but if it does it means it will show up on the front page ultimately.

Howdy y'all.. so I'm pretty sure I asked this already, but I just want to be absolutely sure so I don't break any rules in the future.

Concerning posting about in-progress albums in Community. I was under the impression that a post could be made if it included a preview of songs from that album. It couldn't just be text about the album and what it will be, like an official project (which would go under the Projects subforum)

It's an album that is intended to be submitted and hopefully released through OC ReMix. But it most-likely won't be "pre-approved official" because there would be no point.

To not be so vague I'm referring to a solo album I'll be focusing on next year.

Rather than just do it all "in the dark" I'd like to post periodic updates about it, samples, previews, and yes -- some soon coming full song previews from it.

Just wanted to be absolutely sure what the policy is on this. I didn't forget from being told before, just wanted full clarification on this to not cause any problems.

If it makes any difference as for community involvement, there will be several other remixers involved. (think The Answer)

In regards to project mixes that are subbed to the panel... I subbed my mix from Temporal Duality, but right before the album release, Matt asked me to revise the mixing/mastering on it a tad (which I did), so now the album version of the track actually sounds a wee bit better than the version I submitted to the judges panel... any chance I can slip you the newer version? (or you guys can just listen to the one from the album)

Howdy y'all.. so I'm pretty sure I asked this already, but I just want to be absolutely sure so I don't break any rules in the future.

Concerning posting about in-progress albums in Community. I was under the impression that a post could be made if it included a preview of songs from that album. It couldn't just be text about the album and what it will be, like an official project (which would go under the Projects subforum)

It's an album that is intended to be submitted and hopefully released through OC ReMix. But it most-likely won't be "pre-approved official" because there would be no point.

To not be so vague I'm referring to a solo album I'll be focusing on next year.

Rather than just do it all "in the dark" I'd like to post periodic updates about it, samples, previews, and yes -- some soon coming full song previews from it.

Just wanted to be absolutely sure what the policy is on this. I didn't forget from being told before, just wanted full clarification on this to not cause any problems.

If it makes any difference as for community involvement, there will be several other remixers involved. (think The Answer)

Use the Workshop, not Community.

Community is for stuff that's finished and released, or finished and releasing very soon. It's not for periodic updates, samples, and previews.

In regards to project mixes that are subbed to the panel... I subbed my mix from Temporal Duality, but right before the album release, Matt asked me to revise the mixing/mastering on it a tad (which I did), so now the album version of the track actually sounds a wee bit better than the version I submitted to the judges panel... any chance I can slip you the newer version? (or you guys can just listen to the one from the album)

I've made a note of it; we'll evaluate the album mix when we get to it in the inbox.

^This, sorta.

Subbed mine probably about 2 to 3 weeks ago ("Timekeeper"), and I'm not expecting it to show up for a while but thought I'd bump it.

Patience, bro! We're only touching frikkin' MAY'S tracks right now. Don't worry, we're chewing through as fast as we can. :-)

Put your gun back in the holster, judgen00b. :tomatoface:

They're saying "I subbed a mix that was on a project, but the album version was improved after I submitted. Can you make sure not to use the old version?"

Yes, we can do that. Second tomato. :tomatoface:

MAGFest! I sent you guys a project proposal. You can throw tomatos at me at MAGFest for it! :tomatoface:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=874542&postcount=1058

http://ocremix.org/forums/showpost.php?p=874587&postcount=1060

Hoping to finish FF2 and send that to you the week after MAGFest ends. It's been done for a while........ just need to do final perfectionist things.

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 3 weeks later...

If they were written for the game first, then they're eligible, same as anything else. According to the Wiki page, the shanties were composed by "various artists"...

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Edition-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B00GATDL7O/

... but it appears as though a lot of these are arrangements. I would Google search the themes you're interested in and see if other artists/groups have covered those same themes prior to AC4's release. If so, then you know they are just public domain pieces, not unique to AC4 (and thus not eligible.)