ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way that I could pull a track from being put on the judges panel on OCR? It hasn't shown up yet but I don't even think it's close to something being good for the site, which I didn't really think about when subbing it. : /

The song's "Drowning in a Sea of Bass"..

I'd rather redo it later than have it go through the panel feeling it won't pass..

Is there any way that I could pull a track from being put on the judges panel on OCR? It hasn't shown up yet but I don't even think it's close to something being good for the site, which I didn't really think about when subbing it. : /

The song's "Drowning in a Sea of Bass"..

I'd rather redo it later than have it go through the panel feeling it won't pass..

But even if it doesn't pass, you can still get some feedback from the judges panel on what you need to improve in your track

If you want to find out if we'd accept something, you have to make the mix and submit it. We're not going to say "YES, we will accept something like this" because that's ultimately a pretty meaningless statement. We judge remixes, not ideas for remixes.

In any case, there's nothing special about that remix you posted that would preclude it from being judged just like any other electronic remix.

If a ReMix was approved for an album but then later rejected for a site mixpost, does an approved resub become an "alternative site version" or does the album version get replaced too? Or something else?

If an album's already released, the album version is what it is. Albums are from a moment in time, just like a passed ReMixes. We don't do replacements after an album's released.

If you want to find out if we'd accept something, you have to make the mix and submit it. We're not going to say "YES, we will accept something like this" because that's ultimately a pretty meaningless statement. We judge remixes, not ideas for remixes.

In any case, there's nothing special about that remix you posted that would preclude it from being judged just like any other electronic remix.

Oh, ok. I didn't know if it met the requirements since it uses only a small part of the original. Thanks!

Oh, ok. I didn't know if it met the requirements since it uses only a small part of the original. Thanks!

As long as it uses the original song for the majority of the track, that's cool. It DOESN'T matter if you refer to just one portion of the source tune most of or the entire time, as long as the arrangement itself is sufficiently creative and developed. :-) Notice, I rejected it for not using more of the source tune back then. We all make mistakes. :lol:

About the Djp writeups, does he tend to quote the artist from the submission email or artist notes written for the album website? It can get a bit confusing when you write stuff about your song to at least two different places.

If there are comments from different places, I usually end up synthesizing them anyway into the album notes, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

I have a question. Hopefully this is the right place for it.

How does this site legitimately think that 7-12 months is a realistic time frame to offer feedback on a submission?

I can't even comprehend if a piece got rejected for resubmission - a potential 2 year turn around for one piece of music?!?!

I mean I appreciate that this site exists to service the community but the process needs to be drastically revamped, because if you think that time frame is acceptable then I would be speechless.

Thanks

How does this site legitimately think that 7-12 months is a realistic time frame to offer feedback on a submission?

I can't even comprehend if a piece got rejected for resubmission - a potential 2 year turn around for one piece of music?!?!

I mean I appreciate that this site exists to service the community but the process needs to be drastically revamped, because if you think that time frame is acceptable then I would be speechless.

Thanks

You are right, it isn't acceptable. The process is too long, but we are actively working on this issue.

Resubmissions do not wait in the inbox like new submissions, they go right back into the judging queue.

Thanks

There's a huge amount of remixes in the queue, so the judges kiiiinda need to get through the ones sent in earliest (usually) before getting to the one(s) you sent in. ;)

There's a huge amount of remixes in the queue, so the judges kiiiinda need to get through the ones sent in earliest (usually) before getting to the one(s) you sent in. ;)

I understand, and I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I guess I'm just curious if you thought the process was working or if you thought it deserved attention. Surely there has to be a better way regardless of quantity. Different tiers of judging for example. I would be glad to help out with any ongoing discussions in an open forum.