Liontamer

ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

^see, this guy knows what's up. :tomatoface:

This is what happened to that album, and [probably] my entire musical endeavors for the past 4+ years. ex., with that album, I've already added five more songs and considered trashing two. I guess I just have to learn when to be contempt, because I do have a tendency to make unnecessary adjustments whenever I learn a new trick.

When I get closer to being re-satisfied with that album I guess I'll send it over to you so you can prevent me from dissecting it yet again. T_T

it seems you're already contempt with some of your work. Maybe being content with your music is the better solution?

:tomatoface:

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen-and-a-half times, but when is the next OCR Album scheduled for release, and what is it?

They typically can't give out that kind of information. :x But from what we've heard publicly, FF6 is supposed to be mid-December sometime and DKC3 is supposed to be Q4 2012 which is anywhere from October to the end of December. Unlikely to be December if FF6 is coming out. So... patience, my friend!

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen-and-a-half times, but when is the next OCR Album scheduled for release, and what is it?

A little birdie told me that it's most likely DKC3. As for when, see Brandon's post.

The question may already have been asked and answered, but I don't want to go through the 100+ pages of the thread. :tomatoface:

When one needs to resub a mix, does one need to do it with a mail or can one send it by PM to a Judge? Thanks! :)

The question may already have been asked and answered, but I don't want to go through the 100+ pages of the thread. :tomatoface:

When one needs to resub a mix, does one need to do it with a mail or can one send it by PM to a Judge? Thanks! :)

Inbox is easier for us to track, so that's preferred.

I was just reading messages from 2010 on my visitor wall because I'm a huge nostalgic dork, saw a message from DarkeSword where he said about albums, "If you have a specific release date for the album, you can go ahead and post in Community. If it's just a 'hey here's what we're working on, we'll release it when it's done' preview, then wait until the album is actually available to post in Community."

Is that how it is these days? If I were to work on an album (solo, mind you, of remixes) would I be able to make a "progress thread" in community or would that be a no-no? If I gave a rough guessed "final date" would that make it a yes-yes?

Also wow, DarkeSword was always so helpful. Makes me feel bad for being such a nuisance all these years.

Edited by Brandon Strader

Any jooj wanna opine on this? I'll give you a head rub at MAGFest:

edit: top head, with the hair on it

I was totally gonna listen and then saw this. Guess I don't qualify. Way to discriminate. ;_;

Is that how it is these days? If I were to work on an album (solo, mind you, of remixes) would I be able to make a "progress thread" in community or would that be a no-no? If I gave a rough guessed "final date" would that make it a yes-yes?

No. Community is not the place for that. Use the Works forum. You are only allowed to post a thread for a completed album of music (original or arrange), and only if you're a posted or TBP remixer. No progress threads.

Isn't workshop for wips limited to one song per thread? Am I thinking of the wrong subforum. It's gonna be a remix album intended for ocr. I made one in community for ff 1 and nobody told me that was wrong. Sorry just confused, thanks!

I was totally gonna listen and then saw this. Guess I don't qualify. Way to discriminate. ;_;

I'll rustle your stubby head

Edited by Brandon Strader

I submitted one song a week or 2 ago (November 10th) and I only got the automated message but no feed back since. (unless you guys are busy)
You kidding bub, I've subbed stuff in early August still not paneled.

Wow... that's... well then

I guess that just shows how much work the Judges have to do with the submissions.

Wow.

How helpful would it be for the length of the judge panel submission queue if all of the judges, for some reason, managed to have a whole week off of everything else, and had a whole week just to judge submissions? Just how much would theoretically get judged?