Liontamer

ASK A JUDGE: While we're busy NOT voting - your questions, we want 'em

Judgeship is a "don't call us, we'll call you" kind of deal. Just need to make that clear before anyone else starts campaigning.

kind of like being the butler at the white house

Just wondering, could I send in a potential fix to a song that has already passed? If it's too much trouble or it'd need to be rejudged then no thanks, it's not a huge deal. I'd just want to fix the mastering. :-)

Just wondering, could I send in a potential fix to a song that has already passed? If it's too much trouble or it'd need to be rejudged then no thanks, it's not a huge deal. I'd just want to fix the mastering. :-)

I've done it before. Larry must be thoroughly annoyed with me, but he's never rejected the update.

This has always been allowed for anything that's yet to be posted. I just emailed you regarding something that just passed, so maybe that's the one you're referring to. In any case, you can always email or PM me with a revision.

I've done it before. Larry must be thoroughly annoyed with me, but he's never rejected the update.

I think you overthink.

This has always been allowed for anything that's yet to be posted. I just emailed you regarding something that just passed, so maybe that's the one you're referring to. In any case, you can always email or PM me with a revision.

Nah, I was talking about something else, I didn't know 'that one' had passed. I'll be producing fixes for both of them today. :tomatoface:

It has been really awesome that the judge process thread is being updated almost every day, but it is hard to see what the changes are, probably because there is just so much content on the page. Is there any way it could be separated, or maybe introduce one of these jobbies? new.gif

It has been really awesome that the judge process thread is being updated almost every day, but it is hard to see what the changes are, probably because there is just so much content on the page. Is there any way it could be separated, or maybe introduce one of these jobbies? new.gif

Sometimes, there's no update other than date. But we be votin'. As for that GIF, no.

Judgeship is a "don't call us, we'll call you" kind of deal. Just need to make that clear before anyone else starts campaigning.

shael 4 judge

When evaluating a particularly tough mix (for example, a medley with 5 sources and nice cohesion), have you ever resorted to asking the remixer for a source breakdown, or has Larry simply been figuring out the source usage like a baws?

When evaluating a particularly tough mix (for example, a medley with 5 sources and nice cohesion), have you ever resorted to asking the remixer for a source breakdown, or has Larry simply been figuring out the source usage like a baws?

If we need to, we ask.

Would OCR give some kind of special coverage to a mix that was produced for considerable cash (studio time, etc)

I know they've posted 'music video' for mix in the past, on the front, but if none is available, I wonder what kind of thing you guys would do, or if you would even do anything at all apart from just a normal mix post

The amount of money spent on a mix has no bearing on anything. If there is cool related stuff that Dave finds relevant, he'll link to it in the writeup at his discretion, regardless of $ involved.

So I tried searching this thread but couldn't find it. How does OCR feel about an ai no uta remix? That Japanese pikmin song. I've only played the English version of 1, and never played 2 or 3 or the Japanese version of 1, but would it's appearance in Brawl be sufficient enough for remixing? I've always recognized it as a Pikmin song, but since I'm not the hugest Pikmin fan I don't know if it would be considered part of the soundtrack.

It's an interesting case. The song was composed FOR the game but not used IN the game, but it was used in ANOTHER game. My personal feeling would be that it's fine. I wonder what other joojes think.

The song was composed FOR the game but not used IN the game, but it was used in ANOTHER game.

To clarify about its use: as I understand it, the song was written for television commercials for the game. Original advertising songs like this are pretty common in Japan for video games and other media.

To clarify about its use: as I understand it, the song was written for television commercials for the game. Original advertising songs like this are pretty common in Japan for video games and other media.

Right, it was written as an image song, which you generally see in multimedia properties in Japan (character singles for manga, anime, toku, etc).

It's an interesting case. The song was composed FOR the game but not used IN the game, but it was used in ANOTHER game. My personal feeling would be that it's fine. I wonder what other joojes think.
I think it is fine; would just be interesting to see how it'd be tagged. I'd assume it'd be tagged as a smash bros mix.

that was in the trailer but not the game.

^ I posted that cause I don't think it's applicable but the conversation was leading in a way where I thought we'd get an answer on stuff like that

A second thing, I submitted Liquid Metal 2: Even Wetter on September 14th and I said if you couldn't put the colon in the name, to put a dash instead... well I came up with a better idea earlier in the shower, so I'd like to (please) formally change the name of that sub to "Liquid Metal 2 Colon Even Wetter"

Edited by Brandon Strader

If you are a project director and are submitting songs to the panel on behalf of remixers on your project with permission (which as far as I know from talking to Larry is something that is allowed), does the three week grace period still apply or can you submit multiple remixes from the project (in separate emails of course) at one time?

I saw something today that got me thinking...

What would you do for a mixpost for a game with an extremely long/weird title? I found this a few minutes ago. It was published for the Ouya console, but you can also play it online. The title? Here's the GameFAQs page: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ouya/721175-bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn

A title like that would surely break the site....rofl

I saw something today that got me thinking...

What would you do for a mixpost for a game with an extremely long/weird title? I found this a few minutes ago. It was published for the Ouya console, but you can also play it online. The title? Here's the GameFAQs page: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ouya/721175-bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn

A title like that would surely break the site....rofl

Only one way to find out.

*recruiting for a Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk remix album*