Super Smash Bros. Brawl Music

sirusd

I've just had the pleasure of listening to the majority of the tracks from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'd say 90% of them remixes of old school tracks and I mean they are absolutely fabulous. Granted, they're professionally done, but even still they are remixes.

If you haven't had a chance to check them out yet, you should try it. Mind blowing, for sure.

They're great for recapturing the classics the way they were meant to be heard, but with a fresh new coat of paint. What's sad is that a lot of them would likely get a NO vote if they were created by the OCR community and submitted to the site because they're more of a 'cover' than a 'remix'. Which I personally don't agree with since they're still good listens. The focus of the tracks are to make the listener say "oh wow, I remember the original song to this! this is awesome!". and not keep them guessing as to what the heck the track is and MAYBE finding out what it is a cover of a minute into the track due to it being SO overly remixed it loses its original charm.

Overall a great soundtrack which gives me NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD, and serves its purpose well. Personally a big fan of the Panel de Pon track. (and am I the only one who's expecting the Star Wars prologue to appear for the Zelda Main Theme track?)

After picking around bdcool187's ridiculous amount of SSBB footage and audio on Youtube yesterday, a few things struck me.

1) Where will the Mona's Pizza and Ashley's Theme from the WarioWare series be used--if not in the WarioWare stage? Sorry if this is a noob question; haven't played any SSB game for an extended period of time yet.

2) I also wonder why Tetris' B-Type Music is in there--and non-remixed too--unless he was pulling our leg.

Edit: is there any way to prevent the board from displaying the Youtube video in my post?

They're great for recapturing the classics the way they were meant to be heard, but with a fresh new coat of paint. What's sad is that a lot of them would likely get a NO vote if they were created by the OCR community and submitted to the site because they're more of a 'cover' than a 'remix'. Which I personally don't agree with since they're still good listens. The focus of the tracks are to make the listener say "oh wow, I remember the original song to this! this is awesome!". and not keep them guessing as to what the heck the track is and MAYBE finding out what it is a cover of a minute into the track due to it being SO overly remixed it loses its original charm.

Overall a great soundtrack which gives me NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD, and serves its purpose well. Personally a big fan of the Panel de Pon track. (and am I the only one who's expecting the Star Wars prologue to appear for the Zelda Main Theme track?)

can we make out?

plz?

I think the best single track was Metal Gear 1 remix. That has to be one of the most catchiest spy-tune in gaming. Most of the mixes are great, though I think they over do them sometimes (Do we really need silly Capcom OST style voice overs for Metroid tracks? No we don't).

you can barely hear that when playing and in subspace when those tracks play the voice overs are removed, which means in the subspace section of the ost there are versions with the voice overs removed