Regarding La-Mulana...

TonyHex

Considering that it is a published game, any downloading of it, in part or in whole, would be a violation of not only he law, but also forum rules.

This includes the music. So unless the legal owner of said game (and therefore its music) released it the music for free to anyone that wants it, you shouldn't be asking this sort of thing.

So... did the owner say that the music is free for downloading? And what about any arrangement, official or otherwise? Are they free for downloading?

At one point, the developers apparently had an mp3 soundtrack for download from their site, but then they changed the site around and the soundtrack is no longer there. There are places online that mirror that soundtrack. If the general consensus is that linking to one of these wouldn't violate the boards' TOS, I can provide a link.

minimodding :(

anyway i didn't even know they had the soundtrack available on their website (my japanese is limited to elementary grade level stuff at best, and i'm 6 years out of practice on top of that), but i downloaded direct music producer in order to record the music myself... and i have covered moonlight dancing.ogg [click] and have been working on giants' cry off and on for a while as well.

but yes i'm interested in this arrangement album as well.

I've never heard of a La-Mulana arrangement album, but I think I know where the idea came from. The game has two music modes -- a synth mode and what is essentially a MIDI mode (the manual says this mode is intended to be used with a Roland SC-88). The devs' soundtrack release is a really nice-sounding recording of what is probably the SC-88 in action. Sounds much better than the synth stuff (or the MIDI mode without an SC-88 ).

• 5 months later...

But... you're being fucking retarded. Why would you do that? That's dumb.

"Don't post that, it's illegal."

"Wait until the entire board reaches a consensus."

"Maybe IF the author has the entire thing free for download."

"Here it is, potentially giving the finger to the ToS, in all its possibly-illegal glory!"

Incorrect.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Its not illegal, technically. La-Mulana is indeed freeware, therefore, the soundtrack is free to post.

Now, this would be a different story altogether if he was requesting the soundtrack for the WiiWare version of La-Mulana. However, this, as of now, isn't even possible, since the WiiWare version of La-Mulana isn't even released yet, nor is its soundtrack.

And, even if I'm wrong and it is, in fact, illegal to post the freeware version of La-Mulana's soundtrack, no one's even deleted the above link, and I've already used it and downloaded all the tracks.

Cheers.

• 3 years later...

I don't know why this game hasn't had a thread discussing game play for the recently released PC-Steam port of La-Mulana.

Rectify!

So I bought it, and have been enjoying the devilish difficulty... sometimes, we just need a game that goes "screw you, learn to play like you did when you were a kid... only harder".

I love this game. Highly recommended.

I got stuck partway through and never finished it. I guess that must have been back around 2008 when I was talking about the soundtrack in this thread. I have kind of been meaning to check out the Steam port, though. I'm interested in hearing what's been done with the music.

It sounded like they just put some fairly mediocre midi patches over the original arragnement versions. Not terribly impressive. Kind of like what happened with the Cave Story update.