Whats the most crazy video game-related thing you've ever done

Final_metroid

Went to the midnight launch of the wii, on the coldest night in florida, dying with the flu.

hahaha me too, it was sooo cold that night! but yeah campin out for a wii would be the "craziest" thing i did. also, after i gave my brother my wii for christmas since he couldnt get one in turkey i put every wal-mart and target in my area on speed dial and called like every 2 hours to get another one. so i've gotten 2 wiis and some people still cant even get one!

Craziest thing i ever did....30 game win streak in arcade SC2 with Mitsu

To this day it is the hottest streak i have ever had with a video game.

SC2 arcade version had a warfare mode you play 8 matches your result determines how your character defends when you don't play and how much territory you take. Well four of the games i won during that streak involved the number one player on each side of the war. (we are talking players with 3000 wins 100 losses) Some scary scary shit. I wasn't thinking i wasn't doing anything other than playing on pure instinct. I ended the streak basically only because i had other things to do. I let the last guy beat me..i probably could of won over 50 matches that day if i had kept going. The match list:

3 Asteroths

4 ivy's (oh 3 of them were the faction leaders)

6 kiliks (1 was the other faction leader)

2 maxi's

10 taki's

5 Cassie's

That will forever take the cake as the craziest thing i have ever done video game related.

I played 17+ hours a Saturday to play and finish Zelda : Twilight Princess (OMG I didn't do that with OoT !). Not that impressive, but that was a great moment.

Also, the most epic thing I've ever done in a video game happened 3 years ago. It was on Sonic the Hedgehog 3. I played as Sonic, and a friend helped me with Tails. We made it to the final boss, Dr Robotnik, but Sonic is the only one who can beat him, so my friend watched me kick Eggman's ass.

The problem is, you only have 10 minutes to finish a level. I'm sure you know what I'm going to say, but I just can't stop now... so, I don't remember the time remaining when I came to the place where you fight Robotnik, but it was like it shouted "JUST HURRY UP N00B, YOU'RE GONNA DIE BECAUSE OF THE TIME WHAT A SHAME LOL".

As we fought, the time passed... and guess what ! When I did the final jump to touch the final boss... the time was : 9:59.

That was so fucking E P I C. I didn't even do it on purpose. The only thing I regret is that I didn't have any camera around. That was (almost) like if I defused a bomb one second before the explosion...

when i was 13 i blew $12 on the x-men arcade game and beat it.

can't think of anything since then...oh, once i played through the GCN port of Metal Gear Solid and beat it in one sitting, taking my time.

for spring break i aim to spend the majority, if not entirety, of each day devoted to one game i either haven't played in a while or haven't a chance to get a good start on so far

the games are as follows:

prince of persia and the sands of time

twilight princess

dragon quest VIII

shadow of the colossus

paper mario and the thousand year door

when i was 13 i blew $12 on the x-men arcade game and beat it.

can't think of anything since then...oh, once i played through the GCN port of Metal Gear Solid and beat it in one sitting, taking my time.

for spring break i aim to spend the majority, if not entirety, of each day devoted to one game i either haven't played in a while or haven't a chance to get a good start on so far

the games are as follows:

prince of persia and the sands of time

twilight princess

dragon quest VIII

shadow of the colossus

paper mario and the thousand year door

Put Paper Mario on the top of that list and you'll suddenly realize you wound up playing it through the whole break instead of going to the next game.

There's a couple. I'm nucking futs.

My triforce tattoo ain't a bad one, even though it's not anywhere complete for what I have in mind. Nonetheless, I got it at the beach after being seriously sunburned and proceeded to get d-runk before going out and getting tatted. Oh yeah, and it's directly on my spine.

I gave myself forehead wounds at MAGFest 6 this year by playing the Rock Band cowbell with my dome. Somehow, some way, my band still managed to lose that ridiculous excuse for a tournament.

Camped out for both the gamecube and the Wii. A Ninty fanboy is me.

Met Shigeru Miyamoto by accident and got his autograph. Oh yeah, that's framed in my room.

Bought $300 worth of classic videogames stuff (Colecovisions, Ataris, Mario thermos, etc.)

Probably the most hardcore thing I've done though was when I was a kid and would walk 45 minutes to the local Wal-Mart to play Mario 64 for hours at a time. My neck would be killing me so bad on the walk back, but I would invariably be doing it again in a couple days. God I loved that game.

Did I mention I love video games?

I'd say one of my weirdest moments was playing through Little Nemo: The Dream Master 3 times in one sitting.

Also, I'd walk to the Toys-R-Us near my high school to play Pokemon Snap and Starfox 64 many times. Me and a friend stole some Nintendo cardboard props from the store and took them into the bus on the way home.

Put Paper Mario on the top of that list and you'll suddenly realize you wound up playing it through the whole break instead of going to the next game.

yeah that's the thing...i really like it - i'm just now into chapter 2, but i'm somewhere between a 1/3 and halfway through DQ8 but i haven't played that since...crap, since May.

i'm a little over halfway through colossus, and maybe 2/5 of the way through persia. crap, and i forgot metroid prime 2...i got #3 for the wii but haven't even started prime 2 yet...i'm so freakin' far behind on all this...

hey blues - rock on w/the tattoo. i'm considering getting a second tattoo, just can't decide what it'll be. the triforce seems like a good idea......or some variant thereof.

hey blues - rock on w/the tattoo. i'm considering getting a second tattoo, just can't decide what it'll be. the triforce seems like a good idea......or some variant thereof.

Yup, can't go wrong with the Golden Power man. As for variants on the Triforce, a few people have done the bird and that's pretty sweet. I was thinking about making mine the mirror of twilight from Twilight Princess for a little while but what I've finally decided upon I'm pretty pumped about. In the Link to the Past manual there was this picture;

goldenland.jpg

I'm going to get that but substitute the background for the mountains and city skyline here in my hometown.

Skipped work to go get in line at Wal-Mart at 4pm Nov. 15th 2006 for the release of a PS3.

Slept in the layaway in the back of that Wal-Mart that night on random Wal-Mart crap. Most horrible night of sleep I can ever remember because they play the worst music imaginable during the day and then you just want to kill yourself with what they play at 3:30 am.

Spent ALL DAY sitting in the layaway of a WAL-MART waiting its release at midnight Nov. 17th 2006.

Got the 60 GB Model the second it was available in North America.

Ended up returning it.....

All the days of my youth playing Zelda:OoT & FFVII with my brother and buds are quite possibly some of the best memories I have. Too many hours...........

Wake up at 7, do paper route.

Ride bike to rental place, rent chrono trigger when it opened at 8:30.

Start playing at 9:00

Get up from playing at 5 AM.

Pee.

Do paper route.

I may or may not have eaten breakfast.

Sit down and play until 5:30 PM.

Bring back game to rental place, buy game.

Go back home.

Sleep.

At first glance, I expected this post to be a Paperboy joke.

Not very hardcore, but I've written both a Quest 64 (I don't care what anyone says about fanfiction, but I'm still proud of how well I did that one, though I haven't even added a chapter in 3+ years) and a Harvest Moon fanfic... Actually, TWO Harvest Moon fanfics, but the first was so horribly written that I'm afraid to even think about it.

I spent over 200 hours hacking, recording (to paper), and re-recording (to text document) a Harvest Moon 64 FAQ... Though it has gotten a lot of praise from the HM64 fans who know about it, that was quite a long time just for a FAQ.

I have a 25 hour long file for Final Fantasy VII where I'm grinding for limits and Master Lighting and Ice materia... At Reactor 1.

There was a week where I had to have spent upwards of 100 hours, if not more, playing video games.

My frustration at the horrible programming choices of the Sega version of Monoploy (Your opponent can chose when you bid, and you to them as well) eventually ended a 3 year long friendship (I was 13)... He wouldn't stop making me bid, and after close to a minute of getting more and mroe frustrated at it, I threw the controller to the floor, and left. Were I the way I am now, I would have probably tried to apologize for my outburst and try to fix a good friendship, but I was a coward and a brat, so that never happened. Oh, and I guess I wouldn't have made the outburst, either. n_n;

I bought and played Shaq-Fu... If that's not crazy, I don't know what is.

I have a 25 hour long file for Final Fantasy VII where I'm grinding for limits and Master Lighting and Ice materia... At Reactor 1.

That's just... what the hell is the fucking point?

I went to school in a different city than my hometown for six years. My parents gave me $20 (later $25, later $30) a week. Guess where most of it went. The local gamestop probably saw $1000 of my money when all was said and done.

Of course, I have a ridiculous mess of games that I haven't touched, that I probably won't even like very much. And I haven't bought a game in over a year.

25 hours and you haven't realized that you're at Reactor 7 yet?
That's just... what the hell is the fucking point?

Well, all I can say is that the file is about 2 years old, if memory serves, and putting in the occasional 30 minutes over the course of a year got me to that point... Probably thinking 'I've already put so much time in this file, I may as well put in a couple more minutes to build up my stock of potions and ethers', but never wanting to continue it. Stupid, yes, very stupid, and fucking pointless.

This also goes to show why I don't know, nor care, if it is reactor 1, 7, or eleventy.