Import Enabling Software

Raziellink

I've been meaning to get my hands on some Japan-only PS2 games, but as all of us know, you have to have a Japanese PS2. However, there are certain ways of making your system region-code free.

I am not sure if this fits into the "legal" thing of these boards, but since i've found "Free Loader", software enabling you to play import GC games, i don't think this is considered illegal. If i am wrong, delete this and forget all about it.

So, does anybody know an easy way to do it?

The thing about it is the software that lets you play games from other regions also bypasses the security of the PS2 in allowing you to play backups. Hence, a majority of people who do use such methods are generally known to pirate things rather than playing their 'backups' and import games. That's why I'm split on mod-chips in general too.

I love importing Japan-only games too, but they sure are damn expensive. :shock:

I wish the PS2 would simply allow us to play any game from any region like the PSP.

Edit: Well, just in case, I sent you a PM of a keyword of what you'll need to find to play import games. There's always other methods like playing games from the HDD, which I extremely love...