8-Bit Radio WMUC 88.1 FM

justinj212

A few come to mind.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - nifty.

Aquaria (No official soundtrack yet, but may be coming. Indepedent developer.)

La Mulana MP3 Soundtrack (A whole bunch of REALLY good songs. Another independently developed and free game. Go through the link to listen and collect them.)

http://files.myopera.com/White%20Knell/lamulana_music/index.html

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Has a calming and neat tune that is heard for most of the game.

Demon's Crest: A spinoff from the Ghost & Goblins series, this game has music resembling Castlevania's style. It is nice to hear in most instances.

Lufia II: Solid soundtrack, go through link to listen & collect.

http://forfeit.electromaz.com/lufia2/music/

Hurrican (Freeware remake of Turrican.)

• 8 months later...

Hey all,

This Monday from 8-10AM EST, 8-Bit Radio on WMUC FM will air an exclusive interview with Final Fantasy 4 project director Andrew Luers (OA). The interview focuses on the conception and goals of the project. Best of all, I will also air two FULL LENGTH TRACKS from the project! The only place to get them is 8-Bit Radio on WMUC FM!

If you're in College Park MD, tune in to 88.1FM this Monday May 4th from 8-10AM. If you're not, you can listen live or download later at WMUCRADIO.COM. It's free to listen to and download. If you like the show, be sure and check out my podcast via the link in my sig. We can only host the podcast until the end of the semester tho, so you may want to hurry up and download all my old eps.

So I missed the show, but I found the download off of the site here: http://wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/mon/ (download the 8-bit Radio mp3)

Interesting how well it flows from what I'm hearing so far - I'll probably listen to more when I get back home from work (or maybe even listen to it at work).

Edit: Oh, I got a bit confused with most of the show being other songs...

Thanks for posting the link. And I understand if you only want to listen to the preview tracks and the interview. Naturally they're at the end of the show, but you can skip right to them :)

Thanks for all who tuned in and downloaded/will download the show. It will also be available on my podcast for about two weeks or so. I have to stop hosting them at the end of the semester, as I will no longer be in college and thus no longer protected by laws governing school radio stations.

However, I will have a new show starting soon (June or so!) featuring all free VGM-related music. Naturally I'll feature OCR, but I'll also delve into stuff that doesn't get as much airtime. I'd also love to get monthly interviews from remixers, composers, artists, etc. just like I did for this FF4 project.

I guess my point is, keep an eye out for that. And if you have any sources for free (legally free!) VGM, or VGM-inspired or related stuffs then I'd appreciate some links!