How often do you listen to ocremixes?

Zombie

Man, durring my middle school and early highschool years I had this crappy little mp3 player with only like 1G. So I filled it up with a choice playlist of OCReMix stuff (with a coouple of other songs) and that's what I lived off of for about 2-4 years.

Now I finally got an iPod (80G) so I have my whole musical library on there (including all 1600+ ocremixes). I don't listen to them exactly much as I used to, but I listen to them just as much as I listen to anything else.

Man, durring my middle school and early highschool years I had this crappy little mp3 player with only like 1G.

Lucky!

In middle school/high school I had my trusty CD binder. God, it weighed like 10 pounds and there was like 60 CDs in there full of nerdmusic. And I would stick the CD player in the leg pocket of my cargo pants D:

And back then the OC Remixes were way shittier but I loved them way more than I do now somehow. I have 2 or 3 CDs full of Children of the Monkey Machine stuff :3

Lucky!

In middle school/high school I had my trusty CD binder. God, it weighed like 10 pounds and there was like 60 CDs in there full of nerdmusic. And I would stick the CD player in the leg pocket of my cargo pants D:

And back then the OC Remixes were way shittier but I loved them way more than I do now somehow. I have 2 or 3 CDs full of Children of the Monkey Machine stuff :3

good old memories of old cd players XD and children of the monkey machine ....

I play VGM about as often as I play other more "mainstream" music. Out of my VGM, OC ReMixes & projects are played about half of that time... so as a rough estimate, about 25% of the time when I listen to music, it's OCR/VGMix related.

When do I listen to music? Always, when I'm in the car, and nearly always when at the computer. So I can definitely say I listen to OC ReMixes pretty darn often.

Video game music has always been important to me. Seriously, as a kid, I would put a tape recorder up to the TV speaker and record the background music, without playing, just so I could listen to it later on my "super-cool" walkman.

I remember the first time I ever heard a video game remix. It was actually my junior year in high school. One of my friends had a mix CD he let me borrow that had a Zelda medley, and an 8-bit Mario medley on it. After that, I scoured the internet to find more of this stuff... However, I came up with only a handful of pieces... I'm not sure how I didn't run into OCR for the first few months of my searching, but somehow, I didn't.

But when I did, I had found my music heaven.

I think I listen to video game remixes more than the "popular" music of today (I sound so old). It's safe to say not a day goes by that I don't listen to OCR music.

Awfully long post for such an easy question, I know. :<

Video game music has always been important to me. Seriously, as a kid, I would put a tape recorder up to the TV speaker and record the background music, without playing, just so I could listen to it later on my "super-cool" walkman. :<

I did the same thing! I was in 5th grade and really dug the SMB3 underground music so I got into level 1-whatever the first underground stage is and hit "record" on the ol' tape recorder. The next day I was the envy of my peers while waiting in the carpool line. Boo-yah!

I don't really listen to OCR much anymore. I rarely ever download new tracks either unless it's from a game that hasn't been done to death or it's a mix of a song i really like. I say every week i hear at least one, but I don't really listen to it that often.

Every single fucking day.

I love so many pieces of music that have come from here. I just woke up and I'm rocking out to Estradasphere's "Super Buck Jazz" already (just had a thought - could Estradasphere have some sort of connection to Eric Estrada? Awesome?).

You haters need to get out of here. If you're "sick of" the tracks you have or just don't listen anymore, what's the point? Makes my stomach turn.

I love OCR and have so many tracks from this site that I listen to daily and sometimes more than once a day (like po's "Electric Clouds" from Chrono Trigger). And I balance that with my other favourite artists from the Hip-Hop/Rock/Jazz world.

Some of my most favourite music has come from this site and I'm very thankful for that.

Keep rockin', playas!!!

I've held onto just about 60 remixes that I legitimately love. I'll add one every few months as a new one comes out that I like. I'll go through a bunch of them maybe every couple months for nostalgia's sake (both nostalgia for the game tunes and nostalgia for when I used to listen to remixes frequently) but there's some that are beyond that to the point where I think they're actually really musically great, and I'll listen to those much more often (and yeah, Mustin, po's Electric Clouds is one of those for me). So all in all, I probably get back around to listening to some good old remixes maybe once every three or four weeks or so. That's not bad, considering as I have a pretty huge collection of music overall.

I just woke up and I'm rocking out to Estradasphere's "Super Buck Jazz" already (just had a thought - could Estradasphere have some sort of connection to Eric Estrada? Awesome?).

duh.

Also, I have a master playlist that contains EVERYTHING that I like, including ocremixes. So technically I listen every day via ipod shuffle.

In terms of staying up to date, this is a problem. I've got all the remixes but they're in a playlist called "pending" along with another 500 random songs that I've grabbed but not listened to. Once in every long while I'll listen through the entire playlist and put each one I like in the master playlist. The other ones stay in the library but usually never get listened to again.

and stuff.

My main draw to the music [at OCR] is that it's (free) high-quality instrumental music - mostly. I've come to enjoy some of the mixes with vocals in the last year, but I really like the instrumental stuff because it's good mood music, thinking music, writing music, etc.

Same here. Over 95% of the time I don't even know the source tune that is being remixed, so it's more like an instrumental song rather than a vgm remix to me. But to actually answer the question, I listen to OCR stuff, and just music in general: infrequently.

I love rocking out to OCR tunes at home, in the car, at work and wherever else. Good times. It's hard to say how often, because I often listen to music in spurts, or I become obsessed with a new album (Unicorn Dream Attack comes to mind) and listen to that non-stop. Then I'll go on a vg tune rampage and listen to lots of stuff in one sitting or whatever. I guess it all depends on what I'm in the mood for at any given time.

Never. In fact, when my own music gets posted to OCR, I never listen to it ever again.

I'm actually the same way, although the odd time will come when I want to listen to what I did, or what others did, etc.

I listen to OC ReMixes pretty frequently mainly because most of my music is OCR due to the fact that the music is free and i don't have to pay for it and it's good music =P

Zero Punctuation anyone?

A little over a fifth of my entire music collection is from OCR, and of that, I've burned well over 30 mix CD's. Whenever I'm in the car (which isn't as often recently) I'm usually listening to an OCR CD. Whenever I listen to my iPod it's usually from an OCR-dominated playlist.

My main draw to the music is that it's (free) high-quality instrumental music - mostly. I've come to enjoy some of the mixes with vocals in the last year, but I really like the instrumental stuff because it's good mood music, thinking music, writing music, etc.

Same here, except probably 1/3 - 1/2 is OCR. It's true, though. Lyricless music is perfect for any kind of creative activity, especially reading, writing and art.

Hmm...tough question. I'd say that I listen to ocremixes quite frequently: I listen to them more often than I flip on the radio. I guess you can say that ocremixes are on my second default playlist right behind the bboy music playlist (I mean, c'mon what beats 80s funk, hip-hop, and breaks?).

Honestly though, I'd say I listen to ocremixes quite frequently: there's usually an ocremix cd playing in my stereo when I go to sleep, and when I walk to the school bus stop (yes, school bus. I'm an unemployed senior who can't afford gas money riht now) it's usually playing on my phone's mp3 player. Basically ocremixes are good "me-time" music for me that invoke emotions I can't really get in touch with through normal music. They're a nice way to distance myself from reality for awhile.

Cheesiness aside though, I listen to them a lot probably because I'm a video game nerd and orgasm everytime I hear Sonic or Zelda music. :-P

All death metal cracks me up, lol.

A lot of my friends don't believe that Christian Death metal exists; I know for a fact that it does, though!:<

I find the existence of Christian Black Metal even more hilarious/ironic. Anyway, I've pretty much completely stopped listening to OCRemixes that aren't wips that get posted in #ocrwip, but I do have some of the all-time OCR classics on my MP3 :3

• 2 weeks later...