How often do you listen to ocremixes?

Zombie

I know Christian Death Metal exists, but the name screams (literlly) oxymoron.

[off-topic metal subgenre nerdrage]

Actually, Death Metal has or should have no association with satanism or really anything anti-christian at all. Most of it is just the negative portrayal in the media. Sure, it can get very offensive with all the blood and gore and death in the (barely intelligible) lyrics, but no more so than the average bitches 'n hoes in mainstream hiphop IMO. Black Metal on the other hand basically requires that the lyrics are anti-christian/pagan/whatever, which is why the existence of Christian Black Metal bands is hilarious to me :)

[/end nerdrage]

I find the existence of Christian Black Metal even more hilarious/ironic. Anyway, I've pretty much completely stopped listening to OCRemixes that aren't wips that get posted in #ocrwip, but I do have some of the all-time OCR classics on my MP3 :3

I'm interested...What classics are those?

[off-topic metal subgenre nerdrage]

Actually, Death Metal has or should have no association with satanism or really anything anti-christian at all. Most of it is just the negative portrayal in the media. Sure, it can get very offensive with all the blood and gore and death in the (barely intelligible) lyrics, but no more so than the average bitches 'n hoes in mainstream hiphop IMO. Black Metal on the other hand basically requires that the lyrics are anti-christian/pagan/whatever, which is why the existence of Christian Black Metal bands is hilarious to me :)

[/end nerdrage]

I didn't mean death as satanism, just death as that, death as a literl term. When I think of Christan music I think of music about life. I know Death Metal isn't actually about Death but, do you see my point and it's somewhat LOL factor?

More than 1/2 of my music is OCR. Around 2/3 to 3/4 of my music is video game related.

It has something to do with disinterest in the lyrics to most of the music I find, or dislike of other qualities of the song.

I'm somewhat similar. In my case I don't have a disintrest in lyrics, I just never really pay attention to lyrics. I guess that's why I'm not into rap or hip-hop because of the repeating beat annoies the heck out of me IMHO.

A good chunk of the music I have at work is OCR stuff. At work is usually the only time I have to check out the new mixes consistently, and recently I'll play at least a few OCR tracks through the course of the work day. I tend to keep a very diverse selection of mixes on my work comp, but I'm more selective (and/or lazy) with what I put onto my Zune, which I use to listen to music in my car. After a Crossfit WOD, if I drove to the gym (my weekday lunchtime ritual), it generally feels good to hear some OCR as adrenaline levels fall.

So yeah, pretty much at work or while driving are the times I listen to OCR these days. I don't like listening to music while walking (I like to actually maintain a full sense of my surroundings :P), it'd be impossible to listen to the zune while working out/training without breaking it, and until I get a new receiver my computer at home isn't hooked up to a proper audio out, so those are the only times that I fit listening to music in general.

Never, my PC is broken and if it wasn't it I would probably be too lazy to download songs so I could see if I liked them or not. Don't get me wrong, I love the music, I got like 20 songs but I don't have them in my iphone right now because of said PC problems.