Best Mario fan game ever created! Halo FTW!

JCvgluvr

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LRzeIQHKKTU

Get your hands on the beta right now. The appropriate links are in the video descriptions.

Don't freakout because Mario's wearing a MasterChief suit or because he's using weapons. It works really, really well. Its not gimmicky or anything.

Even if you don't agree with that, look at his other videos. There are other, more traditional levels in the works. He even included the Tanooki and Hammer Bro suits from SMB 3. Need I say more?

He's working on Mega Man worlds, Sonic worlds, Nintendo worlds (Kirby, DK, Zelda, etc), Doom worlds, Halo worlds (obviously), and original worlds too. Its a dream come true, basically.

What better way to wait for Brawl, am I right?

Off topic: This is my first topic I created. Also, the most worthy, eh?

I think my main problem with this is that the art and music isn't consistent with itself. He didn't spend any time to edit the Halo sprites to look like Mario World enemies, and the music is just Halo MP3s, instead of SNES remixes. I think extra touches of polish like that would've gone a long way in making this game more appealing.

Uhm... don't see why you're creaming your pants, don't see anything THAT special about this.

I think this is going to be quoted a lot here, followed by lots of "QFT", "QFE" and even a few "THIS." for good measure.

Also, that little bit about "purists" finding this video offensive... god damn, anyone that does is a fucking moron. It's a mash-up. Get over yourself.

Sorry, JCvgluvr. This is not a "most worthy" first topic.

8-O

You're kidding me! I thought I'd have to bring a drool-collection bucket with me the next time I visited this thread. I guess OCremixers are harder to please than the many others on GameFAQs who freaked when I showed them this...

Lol, as If I should be surprised...You lot are a bit more selective in your tastes, I suppose. Ah well, as long as I made somebody's day, I'm happy.

If you're a skeptic, at least check out his other videos about SMF before you pass full judgement. You just might change your mind.

Also, that little bit about "purists" finding this video offensive... god damn, anyone that does is a fucking moron. It's a mash-up. Get over yourself.

You'd be surprised how many people get upset at things like that. I agree on how stupid it is. I'm a tried and true Mario fan from the original NES days, and you don't see me having a cow about Mario + Guns. Heck, in one video, Mario grabs a Snifit and decimates a group of Hammer Bros. and Boos! It doesn't get much better than that!

If you guys have seen better work, would you mind pointing it out? I have yet to see something as mind-blowing as SMF. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised!

There are a myriad of hard-hacks for SMB's all the way up to Yoshi's Island. These are sometime's graphically updated, but more often they're just HARD. And fun.

This is interesting, that's for sure, but it's not a commercial game, so drumming up hype over it seems a little pointless.

It looks pretty neat, not utterly mind-blowing, though. Part of it's the sound & music though; as Dhsu stated, it's just MP3 rips, and they don't really fit. Plus, there are some much better tracks from Halo than the one used there...:?

Looks like it's worth a play, though. Nifty stuff.

Also, never compare OCR to Gamefaqs. That made me lol.

The concepts brought together into this mario-halo mash-up seem to work pretty well, and the level design is good too. I don't see why people are nitpicking it for things like "it's not commerical" and "graphics and music could be better." Screw that, if it's fun and plays well, then it's good game.

Part of it's the sound & music though; as Dhsu stated, it's just MP3 rips, and they don't really fit. Plus, there are some much better tracks from Halo than the one used there...:?

Judgespear had to use MP3's to lower download size and times. I agree about better Halo tracks. So, its a good thing the creator made it so you can put any MP3 you want into any level of the game!

BTW, did anyone realize that he used some OC remixes in his levels? Just thought I should point that out.

The concepts brought together into this mario-halo mash-up seem to work pretty well, and the level design is good too. I don't see why people are nitpicking it for things like "it's not commerical" and "graphics and music could be better." Screw that, if it's fun and plays well, then it's good game.

It's an interesting concept, it was just doesn't look fun to play at all the way it was executed.

I'm not saying it's not good, or fun to play, I'd play it and surely have a fun time. I'm just saying that it's not 'drool-bucket' worthy by far. IMHO there's a lot of better Mario hacks out there. But maybe I only say that because I haven't played it.

I don't think "OCRemixers are harder to please" but that GameFAQs is populated by MOSTLY prepubescent 12 yr olds who have an attention span of about 2 minutes.

Law of probability. There are a ton of people that visit that place, so there will be a ton of crap. That's not surprising.

I've been posting there for 4 years, and many claims about their collective stupidity are true, although exaggerated.

I unlocked Sonic on Melee

So? I unlocked Tails. Twice. Yeah.

On topic, something about this fangame just bothers me. I should note that I really don't like Halo for reasons I won't bore you with. Combining Halo and Mario kind of... bastardizes Mario. Like, Mario with the weapons of Master Chief is too much of a stretch in my opinion. As for the quality of the game, it looks okay, but instead of the Halo mp3, they should have used 16-bit music (as someone pointed out earlier). I don't know; I just wasn't impressed.