*NO* Mega Man 'Do You Have the Guts?'

djpretzel

Hi this is a remix of the guts man theme from mega man. Im still new here i guess so here´s some info.

Artist: Tab Newflax

E-mail: tab@hotbrev.com

Notice if it stands "Tyvärr...etc" it means that the file cannot be located, but just paste the link into the address field instead, it shall work.

Hmm, the synth that starts this tune off is way too 'gamy' if you know what I mean. But I have faith that things will evolve.

It's a little short, and there isn't much variation to it, the ahh sound is the only thing that plays different notes, all the other instruments are playing the same notes, which makes it a little bland.

The song sounds nice, apart from the intro I have no problem with the actual sound. But this mix needs to be more evolved from the original. Try improvising more.

NO

oh man this'd better be good. I take personal offense when Megaman arrangements are done poorly. Yes, the volume is loud enough. Thanks for doublechecking on that. But honestly, what is this? Harmonies. They are your friend. How about we not have every instrument playing the same note? And while I appreciate the usage of chord planing in the context of neo-classical works, it really doesn't work here.

NO

D

No. The square waves had me worried at first, but then the piano offered a bit of promise. I thought that maybe it could get better. The addition of the drums at 0:27 increased my hope. But for the remainder of the song (close to 2 minutes), nothing else really happens. A 2nd "aaahhh choir" hops in around 0:45, but that's it. It's very repetitive, the drumloop is unexciting, and the square waves are constant throughout. Personally, I'd have expected them to fade out or evolve into another instrument.

This is an example that nice samples don't mean squat if you don't arrange the song well enough.