So, I'm done with #ocremix.

Flik

This is something I'm going to publicly bitch about, because I'm sick of it. Ever since "bluefox" came into #ocremix he's made it an annoying place to hang out at. I can not believe the mods have not taken action to do anything to him even though they've witnessed his trolling. He annoys so many people yet is allowed to stay. Since no one else is going to bother changing anything, I'm done with the channel.

It's like that favorite bar everyone goes to, but for some reason now the owner just won't throw the guy that drinks too much out. Ruins the experience for everyone.

This is something I'm going to publicly bitch about, because I'm sick of it. Ever since "bluefox" came into #ocremix he's made it an annoying place to hang out at. I can not believe the mods have not taken action to do anything to him even though they've witnessed his trolling. He annoys so many people yet is allowed to stay. Since no one else is going to bother changing anything, I'm done with the channel.

It's like that favorite bar everyone goes to, but for some reason now the owner just won't throw the guy that drinks too much out. Ruins the experience for everyone.

/ignore

No one's making you listen to him. I really don't know why you people do.

bluefox isn't doing anything against the rules. He annoys people because he talks about himself at great length. News flash, tons of people do that too (myself included.) Again, if you don't like it, IGNORE HIM and encourage other people to do the same. If and when he breaks any actual rule we'll take care of it, but thus far he hasn't.

lol @ irl drama

Guy needs mental help. He waited outside of my room at Magfest for over an hour, for me to wake up. Funny thing is he probably listened to Posibolt sleeping (I was out doing ThaSauce stuff. Seriously, who sleeps at Mag?)

Long story short is unfortunately he is not breaking any rules, so mods can't do anything to get him to leave. Just spamming and being obnoxious. I guess sometimes you can't tell if you're doing something wrong if you have aspergers.

It's true that one person can really bring down a community. I've had a bad manager before (she actually worked on the ET project, so you can figure what kind of skills she had) ... Think of her as a combination of Order of the Phoenix Dolores Umbridge and Hillary Clinton. Needless to say, having that kind of impact on you daily can start to grind away at your sanity.

When you see pages and pages of wikipedia copypasta and day ____ of guitar practice, it does start to get grinding. I know he's not doing anything specifically "wrong" but I mean, how many times does it take before this guy realizes everyone has one-on-oned with him, told him to go outside and try to be a bit more socially normal, and then put him on /ignore?

The problem goes past just ignoring as Flik said. I wish we could all be friends but I'm past that with him, being literally frightened of what he may do IRL because of his condition. I've got him on ignore, but I just can't stress enough that since he's not really doing anything specific wrong, we can't really do anything about it...

If this "bluefox" guy is reading all of these post right now....I know his feet would be in the air, dying from laughter. I'm certainly enjoying it, but than again this is probably what he wants.

He sure is getting a lot of attention, all he probably wants is a reply. Don't give it to him. Ignore him.

You guys can tell me to just ignore him all you want, but I don't have to now. If you guys like putting up with him then so be it. I'm probably the only one who actually cares enough to have publicly brought this up.

Also, there is such a thing as exceptions to rules. If someone hasn't broken specific rules, they can certainly do other things to step around them and make everyone miserable. Sometimes making that one exception to stop the problem needs to be done.

Anyway, carry on.

You guys can tell me to just ignore him all you want, but I don't have to now. If you guys like putting up with him then so be it. I'm probably the only one who actually cares enough to have publicly brought this up.

Also, there is such a thing as exceptions to rules. If someone hasn't broken specific rules, they can certainly do other things to step around them and make everyone miserable. Sometimes making that one exception to stop the problem needs to be done.

Anyway, carry on.

How is it NOT a double standard or abuse of power to punish someone when they're not breaking the rules? How is he any worse than people like Xerol telling us about his winning poker hands or his stories of bad luck? Or StarBlast ranting about how he wishes he could "shit in the skull" of women that are too affected by politics? Or people like DrumUltimA (and countless others) coming into the chat drunk and typing near gibberish? Or people like me coming into the chat three days in a row to get tech support on installing my RAM?

We allow people a GREAT deal of freedom to talk about just about anything they want. There is no good reason to NOT give it to bluefox.

How is it NOT a double standard or abuse of power to punish someone when they're not breaking the rules? How is he any worse than people like Xerol telling us about his winning poker hands or his stories of bad luck? Or StarBlast ranting about how he wishes he could "shit in the skull" of women that are too affected by politics? Or people like DrumUltimA (and countless others) coming into the chat drunk and typing near gibberish? Or people like me coming into the chat three days in a row to get tech support on installing my RAM?

Sooo...what you're saying is in order to ban bluefox, you have to ban xerol, star, drumultima and yourself??

Some sacrifices must be made then I guess....

:D :D :D

I don't see why more people don't ignore him but...it gets really annoying to even chat in #ocremix when you have bluefox monologues in the chat that nobody is interested in responding to, killing any spark for conversation. Thankfully, I've been pretty busy these days and don't have to stress out about it.

It's unfortunate that this situation occurs, and it really kills reasons to chat there some of the times.