End of the Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD Format War?

kamoh

Thats all on the producer of the dvd. Blu ray has tons more space for storage, so theoretically it can hold much much more special features wise.
I think what he means is is there support for games and other interactive features or whatnot. I've been wondering about this myself.

I know at least one of the formats can have split-screen chapter selection (with video previews) while the movie is playing. Saw it once; forget which.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article3393244.ece

Michael Briggs, principal researcher at Which?, said: “If you haven’t yet bought a high-definition DVD player there is now no more confusion over which format to choose — only Blu-ray remains.” That is expected to lead to a substantial growth in high-definition sales.

Using terms from the soundclip I posted, Sony is now the de facto winner and superpower. Every dollar Toshiba invests in HD-DVD from last week forward is absolutely wasted, IMO. It is only a matter of time before Blu-Ray is the de jure format.

Didn't HD-DVD movies have more features than Blu-Ray?

Here we go...

HD-DVD's advantage in interactive content support was actually much more significant. The Microsoft developed HDi interactive layer for HD-DVDs was ready early in the format's life, and allowed for a consistent development environment for interactive games, picture-in-picture extra features and commentaries, and web-enabled content. Blu-ray's BDJava, on the other hand, has remained both un-finalized and more difficult to use. The release of 300 on the formats threw this point into stark contrast, as the HD-DVD version offers a full range of next-generation extra features, and the Blu-ray none.

HD-DVD's advantage in interactive content support was actually much more significant. The Microsoft developed HDi interactive layer for HD-DVDs was ready early in the format's life, and allowed for a consistent development environment for interactive games, picture-in-picture extra features and commentaries, and web-enabled content. Blu-ray's BDJava, on the other hand, has remained both un-finalized and more difficult to use. The release of 300 on the formats threw this point into stark contrast, as the HD-DVD version offers a full range of next-generation extra features, and the Blu-ray none.

Owned, lol.