OCR00911 - Streets of Rage 2 "Go Back"

djpretzel

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm split down the middle down this one. >.<

On one hand, I really like this but I can't really think of a reason why. It just feels like a really cool mix and a good groove.

Yet on the other hand, it is soooooo repetitive and cyclic. Each section of the song feels like a repeat of the last. Probably one of the most repetitive I've heard recently actually....

ARG!.... blah....

My recommendation is to just at least listen to it and decide for yourselves.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't get people criticizing this remix when they admitedly don't play Bare Knuckle / Streets of Rage games. If you've never heard "Go Straight" then the only thing you need to say here is, "Good Work!" Does it need to be elaborated on more? No, it doesn't. This is exactly what I wanted in a remix of "Go Straight", that's why I downloaded it to my MP3 player and have listened to it like 10 times in the past 2 days.

In case you don't realize this, and I don't think some of you do, when remixing BK/SoR music, there are two major issues: 1) popularity and 2) Yuzo Koshiro. The first item means that the original scores from the SoR games are some of the most loved scores in 16 bit gaming. The second... Yuzo Koshiro was one hell of a good composer so the challenge is to somehow perfect on perfection. Most creative endeavors fail at that point.

If you're going to mess with the SoR score, you can't TOTALLY change the tracks because it won't be appreciated by SoR fans. When you really listen to the score coming out of that 16 bit machine, you can hear the sound that Koshiro was trying to put in but the technology did him no justice. Teasing out the full potential of his arrangement is, IMO, what makes a GOOD Koshiro remix. "Go Back" is a perfect example of what I mean. It's fun, it gets you moving, it gets you going straight! Well Done!

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00911 - Streets of Rage 2 "Go Back"
  • 1 year later...

Best REMIX ever!!!

It's so damn good, you need big woofers to really enjoy this at it's best. The overall remix supports all important parts of the original track and the almost autoscooter part is amazing!

Never ever wanna miss this masterpiece!

Best regards!

McDaniel-77

P.S.: Please make a REMIX of China Town and other Streets of Rage music, like Level 8 SOR1 and Level 4 SOR4.