Big Big problems, please help someone...

Hey everyone. My band mate and I have encountered a terrible problem with our version of Fl Studio 7. We had to change the audio settings for recording Symphonic Choirs with Word builder. So basically what happened is now I can't record with my mic using my preamp. When I try to record with it, FL freezes and makes this awful glitchy noise and I have to ctrl+alt+delete. My Midi settings are also all messed up. When I try to record with my midi keyboard, only the first note played is recorded. Someone please help.. we were finally going to finish the vocals on our 4th song tonight and FL shat out on us. Thank you so much

This is my audio settings

ehnor6.jpg

This is my Midi settings

2wd60wg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Very strange. I'm not sure what the problem is but I can make educated guesses :-)

First, turn off send master sync on your Microsoft MIDI mapper.

Second, your buffer size is really really small. I would make it bigger by a lot. Try clicking on the Show Asio Panel and increasing the buffer size to something at least over ten. (I keep mine at ten but I've got a nice creative soundcard made specifically for the purpose so it can handle it. Most generic audio cards cannot.)

Third, where it says "Output" make sure that you've got your soundcard listed, not your device. I'm not sure why it's outputting to your USB device; you might want to click that bar and see if the proper device is selected.

Good luck!

~jace