Phantasy Star 4 Dungeon ReReMix

Koiu Lpoi

I've been working on this electronic/minimalist (not really)/I don't know what remix of the Phantasy Star 1 Dungeon Theme. In Phantasy Star 4, the track is titled "PS1 Dungeon Arrange 2". However, this song has digressed so far from the original, I can hardly call it a remix anymore - it's more of a completely new song! I'm using a lot of e-piano sounds, changed the key to sound much more major, and chopped up a lot of parts to make new ones. It's a little repetitive, and the drums need work, but that's why I'm posting it here in the WIP boards.

http://koiulpoi.googlepages.com/PS43.mp3

Enjoy, and let me know how I'm doing!

Correct me if I'm wrong, here's the source.

Cutoff sweeps... they work. I've heard better, but they're not bad.

I think the snare is the culprit in your drum problems. Try replacing it with another snare.

You need more source, I don't think OCR would accept this. You also need more of a grande finale, or an ending where you're just toning it down - whatever, you need an ending, not just an end. There's also some choppiness you should try to eliminate.

Overall, this is nice and pretty, tho repetitive. I also didn't get much of a feel of its direction, you might want to work on making it sound like it's heading somewhere. It doesn't have to be working up to a big finish, as long as it's heading somewhere. But it's enjoyable. Good luck!

Correct me if I'm wrong, here's the source.

You need more source, I don't think OCR would accept this.

Yup, that's it. I know, it's rather far from the original. I'm not really sure at this point if I can bring it back to where OCR would want it. I kinda just posted it here to get feedback on the mix.

I think the snare is the culprit in your drum problems. Try replacing it with another snare.

I think you're right. Thanks.

You also need more of a grande finale, or an ending where you're just toning it down - whatever, you need an ending, not just an end. There's also some choppiness you should try to eliminate.

I haven't written the ending yet, so yeah, it definitely needs to change in that respect.

I also didn't get much of a feel of its direction, you might want to work on making it sound like it's heading somewhere. It doesn't have to be working up to a big finish, as long as it's heading somewhere.

Well, the problem is that it doesn't really feel like it is going anywhere to me. It almost feels like I've just made a new loop to play in the background of some game. But I'll certainly try.

But it's enjoyable. Good luck!

Thanks for listening!