NiGHTS Remix

Skrypnyk

how the fuck did you do the reverse piano FX and drum processing in this piece? intense dude you gotta tell me, I love this sorta shit to death. excellent production, realy warm sounding. for such a simple harmonic structure, you've really polished things to keep it interesting with simple melodies and effects. definitely reminds me of katamari damacy. I'm wowed man, huge kudos.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! I have a major weakness for anything like this. All the clicks and pops & glitching really get me in a real good way... reminds me of Trentemoller & Imogen Heap.

The arrangement is pretty light... but the source was never really that complex in the first place. However, the place to where you've taken the source really fits. No only does it sound fantastic, thematically it just sounds right. It sounds like NiGHTS, yet it's somehow different. The dream-like quality is amazing... this is going straight into my chill playlists :D

I've got no complaints at all. Production wise this is hella-tight and everything sounds as it should.

Awesome man... really, really liking this.

This is friggin amazing. OCR has long needed more NiGHTs love, however...

I can't help but ask what song this is supposed to be? I came in thinking it was Dreams Dreams, but I don't recognize any part of it. Is it the file select theme?

Edit: I feel retarded, you friggin linked to the original >.>

While it's a stylistic choice, I'd lose the noises. There's also a voice sample somewhere in the background that I'd get rid of. That's me, tho.

This is a nice remix. Nice source track, nice remix. It gets pretty repetitive tho. Doing a longer reverse section wouldn't be bad, methinks. Before 2:40. The following sections become different enough when the drums are lost.

Dualing pianos in slo-mo, is that a good idea? After 3 mins, you've got a right-panned piano. Would be interesting to hear a left-panned one play something too.

And seriously, you can't end a track like this with a long single note, it sounds like a heart monitor of someone that just died. With the exception of macabre dark humor games, it's just too sad.

It's a nice remix. Pleasant, soothing, nice.

how the fuck did you do the reverse piano FX and drum processing in this piece? intense dude you gotta tell me

NEVAAAARRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ok

the piano is a mix of the psychedelic delay (or one of the many presets) in guitar rig 2, and the reverse effect in glitch. Not completely wet so you can still make out the original notes, but enough to stand out.

I also rendered the piano and spliced it up several times, sending each different splice to a different speaker. Although that is quite low in volume, you can't really tell.

There's 3 types of drums. The boom (boomboom), the rhythmic that actually plays a pattern, and the static that glitches from beginning to end. The boom is a tom sample (fl default lololol) that's been filtered and compressed to really stand out. The rhythmic is a drum kit that came with battery 3 (I believe), and the static is another kit running though a filter box in reaktor5.

Quite quite technical, although judging from the comments, it sounds like I know what I'm doing. The mix itself is done unless someone says something that I totally agree with and must change it, not that any of your suggestions are bad, it's just adding more might take away from what's there, and if you don't believe me then I'm just too lazy to change anything.

Thanks for the comments =>

The noise (or glitch sounds as I'm assuming is what most of you are referring to) aren't going to be removed. For whatever reason why you think they should stay, that's why they're staying. For whatever reason why you think they should be removed, that's why they're staying.

The remix is done, finished, completed, finite-o, etc.

• 1 month later...

All I can say is wow. This IS truly a good mix. Listening all the way through, and this is completely my P.O.V. when I say this, but I imagine have someone lay down some vocals. Something light, sweet, and airy. Something like how Chara or Maaya Sakamoto would sing. but again, this is only my opinion. other than that...I say it's perfect the way it is.

This was a really great remix. I've always held a certain fondness for the game and the music in it, and this captures the cooldowns (is that a word?) of the game just perfectly. I've downloaded your work to my ipod before so i wasn't surprised when i heard how well this piece came out. Keep up the goodwork, my ipod yearns for more great music haha. I'm positive this will get voted to be kept.

The noise (or glitch sounds as I'm assuming is what most of you are referring to) aren't going to be removed. For whatever reason why you think they should stay, that's why they're staying. For whatever reason why you think they should be removed, that's why they're staying.

The remix is done, finished, completed, finite-o, etc.

so the only question left is,

so when are you submitting it? :-P