Super Metroid - Boss

Rozovian

i like what you got here so far. good solid bass and the drums seem to be in order. but to my ears the crash in the left ear seems to be considerably louder than the rest of the cymbals. Im not really into the whole minamalist thing (as you can tell by my songs that have way to many variations and stuff goin on) but what you did with it here is great! i cant wait to hear it after youve fleshed it out some and stuff!

cheers! *glug glug

P.S. you responded to my wip today and I appreciate it, but it was the wrong mix!! i re uploaded it if you are interested in hearing the newest one!

a grudge fuck is that rough kinda sex where shes gasping for air and clawing the carpet cuz your pissed off at her about something and you're taking it out on her in a slightly more enjoyable way.

i tend to use the studded condoms for that job.

...and shes usually clawing the sheets anyway, ok, really i'm not that great, most of the time i just want mine.

but yeah, that's a grudge fuck.

Ah, this is nice. The improvements were just the right ones, though I would've liked a (hi quality) low male choir somewhere. I suck at programming drums, you don't, but I would rather like them to sound like this Contra remix: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01355/

Somehow I think it still feels empty, I would want a strong hook, but with that source I realise it's hard. It got a synthish feeling, especially the bass and high synth, and I think some synthish vocals, electro drums and like 10 bpm less would make it complete.

Hmm... might be a reason why i don't review very much :P

But well done, especially with that short source!

SW, BWS... you're a bit off topic. :P So now, about the serious feedback (which I prefer):

I can try dropping the bpm a bit, see how that sounds, but I kind'a like the frantic feel of 109 bpm (114 later) which it's at atm.

Vocals might feel malplaced, but I can see how a choir sounds. Was considering adding an organ, so I'll be adding some harmonic content anyway. Let's see if gets the right cathedral-ish feel. I recall having used choir in a way earlier version (before the current version count).

As for the drums, the Contra remix doesn't quite have the right frantic feel. The samples are better than mine, or are at least better processed, but I don't think they'd work with the style I want for this. It's a good example, so I'll be listening more to it to get the drums mixed better.

Thanks for the _serious_ feedback. :D

btw, finlandssvensk.

I like the bassline a LOT, very grungy and sexy low-ends. Very minimal arrangement, I would add a bit more to it like pads and the like, but I tend to be a bit more... maximal? in my arrangements, which can be super annoying to master. I would suggest compressing the drums a bit more to make them sound a bit more heavy to go with the bassline. I may also suggest layering your synths a bit to make them stand out. Otherwise, this is pretty fun to listen to and should pass once its filled out a bit more.