RIAA: Downloading music links to drugs, firearms and terrorism

The Damned

They're not saying that music pirates are necessarily hardcore criminals - they're saying that they can use that as a basis for probable cause to get a warrant for someone the might not otherwise be able to get a warrant for.

Suppose they know there's a crack den, but they can't get any hard proof for a warrant. If they can get PC for a music piracy bust, they can get in the door and the other stuff will be a legitmate bust.

Also, don't laugh at the whole "hiding drugs in the CD cases." That's actually a very common practice. My roommate used to get cocaine sent to him via good 'ol US Mail from his friend who would hide it in the insert.

My roommate used to get cocaine sent to him via good 'ol US Mail from his friend who would hide it in the insert.

Well actually, isn't it possible to hide cocaine in stamps too? I remember hearing something from some prison documentaries.

And if this prosecuting actually does go this far, scary to fathom what crazy possibilities there might be.