OCR00913 - Castlevania II "Dark Madness Resurrection"

djpretzel

Another golden oldie from Goat.

The intro for this was surprisingly mellow and I thought this was going to be a rather stripped-back track... BEFORE MY MIND WAS RIPPED TO SHREDS BY EPIC SHREDDING!! *Cough* Ahem... Back to what I was saying before, once the shredding came in, it kicked the whole track up another gear. The mixture of both the intro/outro and the beefy middle made this a very memorable track for me and one of my ultimate favorites.

• 9 months later...

Awesome intro. The guitar sound is clean and super crisp. The performance is spot on. Hello Metallica :). The heavily filtered guitar SFX were really nice underneath the organ. This is epic. Something you would hear as the opening number to an old heavy metal show. My goodness, his hands are flying on those power chords. I'm impressed with the precision of it. The soundscape feels a little empt in this one during that section, but then the high lead busts in and takes center stage. I'm diggin' it for sure. The drums are still a little thin, but they are definitely better from his first mix. God, I love the clean guitar sound. The transition into the clean section was a little awkward, but for how sexy they are, I can forgive it. I can also forgive the fade out :). However, the FO actually works pretty well. Very good second mix here!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00913 - Castlevania II "Dark Madness Resurrection"