Mario Kart Wii

SwordBreaker

I personally didn't like how steering was handled in MK:DD, which is not to say that there was something wrong with the steering controls themselves, but rather that the camera seemed to lag behind your turn input, making it harder to judge just how much you were in fact turning. If you understand what I'm trying to say. They fixed this in MK:DS, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem for the Wii version.

I also really thought it stupid that while the second person was in control of using items, he/she had no rear-view to see approaching carts and no way to aim items (like green shells) either. Two player Coop really felt like a half-arsed addition.

Someone needs to tell Nintendo the ol' "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me". I guess they really want people chatting with profanity or some kind of bad language.

About the text chatting on Mario Kart Wii.. there won't be a keyboard involved, but there will be pre-determined phrases. People need to be able to vent about the bastard that stole your win at the last second with a blue shell even if it is censored.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/855/855033p1.html?RSSwhen2008-02-27_104500&RSSid=855033

I still don't like the idea of using motorcycles in the game. It's called Mario Kart. Hell I could hardly accept the mini car looking karts in Double Dash. I wish it would just be karts, normal and simple but anyway I suppose if done right it won't be so bad. 8 player battle mode sounds awesome as well as 12 player online racing. Here's hoping the game is nothing like Double Dash especially with the ridiculous AI.

The only thing cooler than Kart and Brawl coming out at the same time would be a lifelike HD remake of the original Mega Man trilogy, and that just ain't gonna happen.

I'm actually kinda happy for Europe getting this earlier. They've been screwed with Brawl, so it's a nice make-up gift.

But we get Mario Kart about a week earlier than you, but don't even have a release date for Brawl.

I'm cool with it as long as the cycles are leveled with the Karts. I don't want them to be significantly better than each other.

I'd imagine they are. 50cc is karts only, 100cc is bikes only, and 150cc is both karts and bikes. They probably act like any other kart with different stats.

Sorry, but MKS doesn't impress me. It looks like a re-do for MK 64. A great game, but it doesn't need to be redone...

About MKWii, does anyone hope they go back to ground-based blue shells? With the flying ones in DD and DS, they just head straight for first place. The grounded ones had the added effect of wiping out anyone one who got in their way! Much more helpful, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, but MKS doesn't impress me. It looks like a re-do for MK 64. A great game, but it doesn't need to be redone...

About MKWii, does anyone hope they go back to ground-based blue shells? With the flying ones in DD and DS, they just head straight for first place. The grounded ones had the added effect of wiping out anyone one who got in their way! Much more helpful, IMO.

It was much funnier too. And it had the added bonus of not being the Mario equivilant to an atomic bomb. 'Cause that's annoyed the crap outta me since they instituted it.

Nintendo obviously didn't take my idea. It was to control the kart with the nunchuck and use the remote pointer to aim and shoot weapons. You could double dash by sharing the control with a friend, allowing for 8 players.

Nope Nintendo didn't listen to me, but I am so preordering it.