Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR00915 - Persona "Satomi Tadashi Northside Rx"

64 posts in this topic

Wow, this only took... way too fucking long. More than six months, I believe.

Make sure you see the video by Dave Kelly.

As for the song, it's one of the best produced songs on this website. By far. Where as most people don't know how to mix their music (epecially when it comes to vocals), this is a nice example of excellent sound quality and understandable vocals.

Crazy shit, but good shit. I love it.

What the hell!? O_o I like the vocals and lyrics. "Don't you know that I used to know karate? I punch you in the peepee or i can just call the cops." The only thing is, and I suppose you were aiming to do this, the music sounds campy. Actually, I suppose it kinda helps the appeal of the mix. Overrall, I'm not too sure we're gonna see too many goofy lyrical remixes here at OCR so, kudos to Dale North!

Oh yeah, and you have to see the video. That dirty old man...

The music: Tripped out and hella funny.

The video: More proof (were it ever needed) that Dave Kelly is a freak, pervert, crazy-person, and also rocks hard.

I've had the video on my hard drive since it was posted at vgmix and I have watched it at least once a week. Never thought it would get posted here and now I also know what game it is remixed from.

LOL! OMFG that is funny. I would run it through my normal routine breaking apart and repiecing the song pointing out every little nuance but hey this song isn't serious enough for it. It was definetley at the very least a smile cracker for everyone but for me... hahaha. I laughed my ass off. I'm still laughing and trying to type. You will have to forgive my if i misspell anything. I have a feeling I will be listening to this song a little alot more often.

Wow, this only took... way too fucking long. More than six months, I believe . . .

Wow, you're only . . . four months off the mark! Dale submitted this in December. Please don't assume incorrectly, negatively, and publicly.

As for the song, it's one of the best produced songs on this website. By far.

I like the track, or I wouldn't have posted it, but no. You've got stuff that's better, I've got stuff that's better, and Dale's got stuff that's better. And gauging "production" is difficult because someone can intentionally be going for a sound that isn't pristine, plus producing itself can mean strict audio engineering (i.e. mixing & mastering) or a whole suite of modifications and even melodic and harmonic touches, ala Brian Eno, Flood, or a number of other producers that exert more control.

Crazy shit, but good shit. I love it.

We agree :)

DJP pretty much said what I wanted to say to mustin...so I wont get into it.

This song is weird...WHICH IS GOOD! Yea, the recoding is pretty good. Dale should make a none weird song with vocals...something like a slow song? I think Dale would be the man to do it. Just an Idea..Keep up the good work...your one of the remixers I always download without thinking twice.

Gman.

As for the song, it's one of the best produced songs on this website. By far.

I like the track, or I wouldn't have posted it, but no. You've got stuff that's better, I've got stuff that's better, and Dale's got stuff that's better. And gauging "production" is difficult because someone can intentionally be going for a sound that isn't pristine, plus producing itself can mean strict audio engineering (i.e. mixing & mastering) or a whole suite of modifications and even melodic and harmonic touches, ala Brian Eno, Flood, or a number of other producers that exert more control.

Uh...

What the fuck provoked this? I just said that it's one of the best produced songs on this website. So why do you think you need to chime in with some mindless banter about how we all have stuff that's better (and just how?) and give some little spiel about production value or something?

I really don't understand. So check out the 10 mixes that are posted now. There's Dale's, then there's McVaffe's, and everything else does not sound near as good. Just a fact - doesn't mean they're bad songs. Just means they don't have the proper equipment to create a solid sounding mix.

I know I don't have anything that sounds as good as this. That's a fact.

I'll let you think what you want about your music...

hey come on guys, lets calm down now, we're all family here ;)

lets just drop this useless arguing and get on w/ life (in my case sleep...)

oh yeah, nice work dale. love it =)

Usually I think mustin's a pretty cool guy. That statement alone shows how I feel about what he said recently. Well...If you know me well it does...

ANYways, I'd probably be inclined to agree with him and say that all the songs on the page in recent memory have been...not what I'd want to listen to. In fact, I'd probably be most inclined to say that I didn't like Dale's new mix, despite the fact that I haven't heard it (Nor any song on this site since February of last year, save those by personal friends...and a lot of them sucked too).

HOWEVER, he DID say that it was one of the best remixes on the site, to which I reply, "do you need a bashin' on the noggin?" There's virtue in subtlety. You can go about making a point, and saying how much you like something, but there probably are a lot of talentless people out there crying into pillows because of you, Mustard. now, If I weren't completely indifferent to the feelings of others, I'd say you were a nasty fellow who needed a pickle shoved somewhere unpleasant. But then who am I to judge? My songs obviously haven't got much attention in recent memory...(and probably won't in future)...

Hmm...this post was supposed to be fueled by rage and indignance....but I don't actually have any personal attachment. I guess for once I feel like standing up for some poor folk who've only got a hacked version of Fruityloops and some default samples. I was one of those people a long time ago....And I STILL only have that same hacked copy of Fruityloops, with those same default samples (though I've got a bit more skill and some soundfonts....) The point is that posting crap on OverClocked Remix will undoubtedly help give the makers of said crap a boost in confidence that will either lead to the production of more of said crap, or lead to the progression and inevitable increase in skill, development of style, etc. that beginning music artists need.

So hush, you silly man. You've been hanging out with overly hostile people too long, selling out too much (oh no, I said it), and forgetting about the whole meaning of this music crap in general. Music is about appreciation. If you don't "appreciate" it, well you can just sit at home, make several thousand mixes like "La samba de Agua" and know you're getting nothing less than the best, while talentless folk frustratedly try to figure out how to produce some noise that someone somewhere might just have an affinity for.

I really don't understand. So check out the 10 mixes that are posted now. There's Dale's, then there's McVaffe's, and everything else does not sound near as good. Just a fact - doesn't mean they're bad songs. Just means they don't have the proper equipment to create a solid sounding mix.
That's not very nice...

It's all a matter of opinion, Mustin. Especially when it comes to music.

This is one of my new favorites. I played it out loud in a computer lab at school and had just about everyone raughing. They raughed hard.

When I first heard this song I was like, "what the hell?" But man, now I love this song. It's hilarious! Nice one :D

[sits everyone down]

Today, class, we're going to learn how to FUCKING READ.

Please, do me a favour. Read my posts. Don't read in-between the lines because I don't write like that.

Please note - "and everything else does not sound near as good. Just a fact - doesn't mean they're bad songs. Just means they don't have the proper equipment to create a solid sounding mix."

Did I say they were bad songs? Did I say they were uninspired? Did I say that there's no reason these people should be making ReMixes?

Class: "No."

That's right, kids. I just said that they don't sound near as good. Here's your first assignment - take Dale's song and then listen to a song by one of your favourite artists with vocals (non-VGM). They sound pretty simliar. I'm not talking about the notes or the arrangement or the content of the song (how many songs do you listen to about punching in the pee pee?), but I'm talking about the overall sound quality. You can hear how Dale spent time on his mix and his mastering job, just like your favourite artist.

Then, you can grab one of the other remixes. I'm going to use Beatdrop as an example 'cause he's a good sport and I admire him a lot. Put Beatdrop's new Chrono Trigger track up against one of your favourite artists that does instrumental music (non-VGM). It's just not as clean or as bright or as seperated. That's not so much Beatdrop's fault as it is the equipment he uses. This does not mean it's a bad song - it just means that it doesn't sound as good as, say, Aphex Twin, which is what I'm comparing it to. And, I gotta be honest, I like a lot of elements that Beatdrop has in his song more than the Aphex Twin song that I'm listening to now.

So, class, are you beginning to understand?

Class: "Kinda. Meh. I guess."

Well, it's a start.

And DJ_StarChild, you're leaving out a word in your quote.

"he DID say that it was one of the best remixes on the site..."

No, I said it was "it's one of the best produced songs on this website."

I didn't say it was the best (I think that has to be po!'s "City Lights" or Pasq42's "Prelude Refractive" - at least, they're my favs). So don't put words in my mouth or leave them out, 'cause that's just as bad.

So rock on. Please make sure to keep on mis-understanding me. If you think that I'm knocking the people on this site, then you're dead wrong. I started posting my remixes here, just like the majority of the people. I've had the drive, amibition, and talent to take it much farther, and I'm thankful for that. But I gotta pull a J-Lo here and say, "no matter where I go I know where I came from."

Oh, and djpretzel, I forgot to say that I didn't know that Dale had submitted the mix in December. He had implied to me that it had taken much longer than that. My bad. But I still hate you :)

Please no more of this crap. Stick to reviews after this. Mustin gets the last word in out of defense for his words. If you still got somethin' to say to him, Dj_StarChild, djpretzel, Dale North, or me, be a pal and do it via email, AIM, or a pm.

Quit clogging this thread with more mindless "Mustin's wrong" or "Pretzel's wrong" before it gets worse than it already is. I'm only posting this out of necessitation. Thank you and have a nice day.

-ap

I'll be sure to keep misreading you, mustard. Besides, where would you be without guys like me telling you to stop hanging out with people who have arguments for fun?

The point was that you weren't supposed to make comments like that in the first place unless it's obviously an hyperbole. People take offense (I didn't....and It seems that the few weirdos who actually read this forum didn't either) but yeesh...common sense. You don't go talking about the algae green infected vaginal rash of your spouse at a formal gathering when she's beside you, do you? Women may do it all the time, but unless you're a woman, keep your phrases that could be misunderstood as something offensive, though they may not be, to yourself.

I'll cry next time...I swear....look I'm already tearing up...no wait...I just have to pee.

Oh well....yeah....that's the end of this pointless post. It's strange how my arguments always end with me mentioning a bodily function I need to put into action.

*edit* sorry pizza, but I'm not one for reading entire threads...I mean...In a reviews forum....are you nuts? Meh, if you don't like it, have it removed, bud.