Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR00915 - Persona "Satomi Tadashi Northside Rx"

64 posts in this topic

Mustin,

Since you're playing the role of teacher, allow me to play the role of "Goth-boy who plays Doom and wants to kill everyone with his father's shotgun".

Now, here is the dialogue as follows:

Mustin: Ok class, today we're going to discuss musics, specifically why my opinions on music are all that matter, and we'll also cover why I know everything about everything worth knowing.

Little girl: Can I go to the bafroom?

Mustin: omfg shut your fuckin ass up and sit the fuck down before I pull down my pants and assrape your father

Some dude: You don't know shit you fuckin cockgoblin!

Mustin: Ok, go fuck yourself I own you bitch. Go to the principals office now or i'll smoke your meat cigar.

Me: Hey Mustin, you rock dude! Omfg kkthx!

Mustin: Why yes, as a matter of fact I do, bow before me since I am a demigod of this world. Let my radiance shine forth and be known across all th.. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING! HOLY SHIT! PLEASE DON'T KILL M..*gunfire* OMG YOU SHOT ME FUCK YOU! *more gunfire*

Me: Class Dismissed

Class: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

The moral of this story is that Mustin is just a fuckin retard waiting for it.

-Collab

If this is what Mustin considers the most professional-sounding mix on the site, I feel sorry for his fucked perception of a professional sound.

Wow. It uses reverb.

Wow. It has recorded vocals.

Wow. It is in stereo.

Wow. It's at 160 Kpbs.

Wow. Basic Recording Know-how.

Wish I could be that professional.

Nothing against you Dale, I dig the tunage.

WARNING - GOOD AUDIO QUALITY DOES NOT ENSURE GOOD MUSIC.

Yeah, let's not soil the fun of the ReMix. It is, after all, a lighthearted piece, and discussing it too seriously takes all the fun out of lines like "I punch you in the peepee" . . . anyone that follows Mustin's op-eds will note at the least a consistency in being heavily biased towards himself and those closest to him. If you can derive any objectivity whatsoever from such a pattern, more power to you. I usually don't point this out, because he ends up tirading and things get ugly fast (see above), but I'm also not gonna sit quiet all the time when I see statements like his original post, which should (and would) embarass most well-adapted artists.

I'm just an innocent bystander here, and I hate to drag out this ugliness farther, but I can't help but draw attention to this:

As for the song, it's one of the best produced songs on this website. By far. Where as most people don't know how to mix their music (epecially when it comes to vocals), this is a nice example of excellent sound quality and understandable vocals.

People "don't know how" to mix their music. Not "don't have the means" or "don't have the equipment". "Don't know how". It's an implicit attack at a remixer's mixing skill, not an objective statement.

Don't read in-between the lines because I don't write like that.

I don't know you Mustin, but I don't buy it. Everyone writes like that, whether they mean to or not. Maybe if you paid more attention to the implications of what you are saying, you wouldn't run into these little misunderstandings. So just for your own future reference, when you say something like "people don't know how to mix their music", you are implying that a remixer is incompetent if he or she does not have superior sound quality on all his or her songs. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's what I interpreted from it. Maybe if you would get the bile out of your tone, people wouldn't misinterpret what you said so much.

But, and again I don't know you, but it occurs to me that it's very easy to say something through implication, and then when someone points it out, go, "I didn't say that! Read what I said! Idiot! La!La!La!La!La!" and cover your ears (and your ass). Now I'm not saying that that's what you're doing here. Like I said, I don't know you, and I wouldn't presume to pretend like I did. But still, if I've taught you anything in my post about the art of implication, maybe you'll catch my meaning...

Blah blah balah
Blah blah balah
Blah blah balah

Yea, I thought the song was really funny...I know I laghed a few times...speacially the punch in the pipi thing..When I thought it couldn't get any funnyer...I SAW THE VIDEO!!! hehe. I do agree..thats some nice recordin' keep up the good work.

Yeah, I thought the song was really funny...I know I laghed a few times...speacially the punch in the pipi thing..When I thought it couldn't get any funnyer...I SAW THE VIDEO!!! hehe. I do agree..thats some nice recordin' keep up the good work.

Same here man! :D

But anyway, the real reason I'm posting this is to ask if I can get the lyrics for this song. Yeah, I can see you expressions now. :D:(8O:?:lol::x:P:?:

But really, there are a few words that I can't quite make out and it's driving me crazy! So, if someone could tell me where I could find the lyrics I'd be very happy :D

*dosen't read posts*

Dale: "Hot damn! Look how many people liked my song!"

;)

Awww, I liked your song! In fact, I was wondering when I'd get to hear more funny stuff from you and/or Mustin! It's good to see you've still got that sense of humor :) ... Hehehe... "punch you in the pipi"... <laughs uncontrollably>

THE MUTHA' FUCKIN' SMACKDOWN, BEE-ATCH!!!

j/k

:nicework:

What I could understand of the song I enjoyed. Funny stuff. However, I could only catch about 1/3 of the words, so I'd like to second the request for a copy of the lyrics.

This mix isn't fun or lighthearted. It is racially insensitive and frankly, fairly offending, to me, personally. I have close friends who own Asian restaurants, and they don't like it when people come in asking if it's a "Pharmacy." I know this isn't portrayed in the song, but the sterotype of asian's owning a pharmacy is just plain wrong. Dale, grow up. Mustin, and DJP, I think you two have some bigger problems to discuss...No, NOT the music, how about the racially motivated subliminal messages embedded in this song?

Jeez guys....Have some class.

This mix isn't fun or lighthearted. It is racially insensitive and frankly, fairly offending, to me, personally. I have close friends who own Asian restaurants, and they don't like it when people come in asking if it's a "Pharmacy." I know this isn't portrayed in the song, but the sterotype of asian's owning a pharmacy is just plain wrong. Dale, grow up. Mustin, and DJP, I think you two have some bigger problems to discuss...No, NOT the music, how about the racially motivated subliminal messages embedded in this song?

Ok, the game is set in Japan (Well, the American version isn't because it's an Americanized piece of crap, but I digress), and in Japan I think it's safe to assume that most people who own pharmacies would also be Japanese. In the game, the pharmacy owner is a perverted Japanese man. If this actually is a racial stereotype, well the Japanese are basically making fun of themselves and Dale is just going along with it. It's all in good fun. This song rocks btw.

Now all of you stop whining and go play Persona, and Persona 2 while you're at it. They are the best games ever.

EVER.

wait, I just thought of something:

Are the ones requesting lyrics Singing Along?

If so, then HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

thats awesome

Oh, me?8O.......maybe :D

Yup, I do sing along with your song.

Don't you know that I used to know karate I'll punch you in the pee-pee, or i can just call the:!: hey, you didn't just here me singing! :wink:

Heard this a long time ago on VGMIX Dale, and had a good laugh. Clever lyrics....the entire thing reminded me o fsomething along the lines of Adam Sandler. And the sound quality is nice and crisp, EQ'd nearly perfectly.

As for all this nonsense and arguing going on over the timing of it, I'd just like to tell a select few people to listen to themselves once in awhile, put away the pretention, and settle down. It's not a competition, it's a hobby, and it's supposed to be fun.

Anyway, again....Dale, nice to see the song show up on OCR :) A breath of fresh air among the massive selection of songs taken too seriously.

~Quinn Fox

I'm going to mention how I dig the song because it's funny so this post can be considered a ReView.

Now to mention how i've lost faith in all of humanity in the ability to understand sarcasm.

Woff, Just so you know, there's at least ONE person here who got the joke.

If this is what Mustin considers the most professional-sounding mix on the site, I feel sorry for his fucked perception of a professional sound.

Wow. It uses reverb.

Wow. It has recorded vocals.

Wow. It is in stereo.

Wow. It's at 160 Kpbs.

Wow. Basic Recording Know-how.

Wish I could be that professional.

Nothing against you Dale, I dig the tunage.

WARNING - GOOD AUDIO QUALITY DOES NOT ENSURE GOOD MUSIC.

True systemaniac....but what I think mustin meant by being a great recording was by the complex parts. Anyone can do what you just said correct......but why does little Jimmy make his song with SBLive reverb effects, and hollywood guys hook theirs into a $10,000 reverb hardware system? There IS a difference. You're basically talking about the MP3 encoding, not the actual production process. I'm in recording classes right now, and all we're discussing is how to create a rich "hot" sound. Of course, we're using equipment I could never afford right now, but that's the point. Nice hardware gets you a better signal. For example:

A computer mic may work...even with no clipping either, but it has a shitty sound. But if you have a nice $500 condensor mic hooked into a decent preamp, then your signal is much hotter, have less noise, and just all around a smoother, more vibrant sound. This goes with anything.

I don't necessarily agree with mustin for it being the best song on the site, but hey.....it's music. Get used to the politics. I DO understand where he was coming from though about the song being a great recording. It isn't bad, but not pro-level either. Sink about another $15,000 in some kickass hardware, and you should be DAMN close.

Now everyone shutup. :wink:

Funny song. :D

I agree with Jared. It dosent sound that good. Its definately not the best on the site But why would you want something of that content (lol) to sound 'good'.

I do have about $8,000 worth of recording gear, but I typically won't bust out my condenser or even the outboard processing for "punch you in the pee-pee" music.

I am kinda happy how the sound turned out on this one, and pretty good considering I used the cheapest mic we have and went cheap/quick on the processing. I used my cheapest synth too (on purpouse) The effects were outboard Lexicon, but everything else was poopy. I think someone said it sounded cheezy- thats exactly what I was going for.

But on the flip side, If mustin likes it that much- this it IS the best song on the site TO HIM.

I've just got new TC outboard gear and have MOTU interfaces coming soon to replace my M-audio ones I've outgrown (delta1010, 410)- but be assured, anything talking about pee-pee and boobies will probably be done the same way - cheap and fast.

Thanks again for all the compliments (and singing along)- any suggestions on a new comedy bit?

Dale

Okay, um... I guess I should play the Devil's advocate. Let me analyze Mustin's original post a bit.

Wow, this only took... way too fucking long. More than six months, I believe.

Bad: Calling DJP slow prolly isn't great. Also, he got a fact wrong - but he admitted his mistake later, so it can be forgiven.

Good: If he thinks it took too long to get posted, he must like the song. If it really had taken 6 months, I'd respect that he feels that's too much time - and since that's how long he thought it took, you can respect his feelings there.

Make sure you see the video by Dave Kelly.

More praise.

As for the song, it's one of the best produced songs on this website. By far. Where as most people don't know how to mix their music (epecially when it comes to vocals), this is a nice example of excellent sound quality and understandable vocals.

Bad: He doesn't think most people know how to mix their music, especially when it comes to vocals. This likely offends people who have mixed music with vocals before, but you know, I have heard several sub-par lyrical pieces on this site. Some great ones too, but...

Good: He doesn't name names, and neither will I -- after all, I wouldn't be able to do ANY mixing whatsoever, good or bad. And when he says he thinks this is one of the best-produced songs on the site, and that it has excellent sound quality and understandable vocals, aren't those compliments to Dale North? Mustin thinks that Dale spent a lot of time working on this, and that he did a fantastic job on it. I guess that offends people who think they've made better songs in the past, but... hey, it's just Mustin's opinion, right? You can disagree... but don't call him names over matters of opinion! That just makes you look dumb.

Crazy shit, but good shit. I love it.

More compliments.

I really don't understand why so many people decided Mustin was lashing out at them. And what's with these "sell-out" comments? Has Mustin somehow managed to make money in the video game or music industry? If so, congratulate him! Don't make nasty, bitter comments about how he's "sold out" until he's got 10 million dollars and there's Mustin brand window cleaner.

I'm sorry if I'm offending anybody. Really. And noone will likely read this since the mix has been up for a while. But if you're steaming, and hopping mad, and sweat is pouring down your face, then please, just take a moment to breathe, and blink, and say to yourself, CALM THE FUCK DOWN, ASSHOLE!

*Bows and steps off soapbox amid a hail of rotten tomatoes.*

Make sure you see the video by Dave Kelly.

8O

You mean that there's a MUSIC VIDEO!!! Please, don't make me suffer. Tell me were I can Get It NOW! :twisted:

Oh, sorry about that :oops:. I just got a little excited. Is there really a music video or did I just read it wrong? If there is, please direct me too it. Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeee?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puppyeyes:

Thanks! :D

OOPS!!

Sorry, just found it in the thread. Oh well.....

The music video was——how do I put it? More disturbing then the song.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

I hadn't used Flash in over a year, and that was 4. I was using 5 which is slightly different. I decided to relearn Flash and used Dale North's Chu Chu remix because it was quick and quirky. Dale North saw it and said "You HAVE to animate this one!" I thought "Why not" since I was still re-learning Flash.

Long story short: my first two animations in over a year were Dale North remixes and I think he is talented.

I may do a "special edition" Pharmacy video with a higher framerate, better graphics, and sing-along option, but that is for another day!

DJPretz: You don't EVER have to put up my Zelda remix. I'm nowhere NEAR as talented as all these artists here. I'll stick to cartoons...