OC ReMix Interviews Michael Gluck (Piano Squall)

djpretzel

Piano_Squall_Logo_Big.jpg

Michael Gluck, more commonly known as Piano Squall (www.pianosquall.com), spoke with Andrew Aversa (zircon) recently about his album GAME and some of the logistics involved in licensing and royalties when it comes to selling game music arrangement albums:

"If you decide to release your own album, remember that royalties are only one of the many expenses involved. You also need to consider retailer margins, production costs, advertising costs, website development, photography, packing, shipping, inventory space, PayPal/merchant fees, and manufacturing costs. And of course, an album can take months to create, so you need to prepare for a substantial time investment."

The full interview is available at:

http://www.ocremix.org/info/Interview:_Michael_Gluck_%28Piano_Squall%29

We at OverClocked ReMix thank Michael for taking the time to provide some very valuable information on the commercial side of game music arrangement!

- djp

Neat! Is this interview thing going to become an ongoing part of OCR? That would be sweet to see.

It seems you're still fleshing out the Category:Interviews section, but I was wondering if any information was going to be included about the date of the interview, or even the date the interview was posted?

I wish we could hear more of the songs on GAME; the demo's short clips aren't much to go by. Though, I definitely have to echo Dhsu's sentiments. It's surprising to learn that he went through with the trouble of licensing AND still admirably donates a portion of the album price to charity.