OCR01686 - DuckTales "Harden the Duck Up!"

djpretzel

This was my second favorite track on the MAG DoD, and hearing it with all the homies from there was really cool. Here's a snippet from my quick review from back then:

I really like the "ending credits" feel this has, and some really nice guitarwork. The slides are

subtle but add a lot, and the lead tone is great. Breakdown is fantastic and the section afterwards leading to the solo is excellent. Solo is

tasteful, though a few note choices seem strange to me, but otherwise great work.

Production is solid and the length is perfect. One of my favorites.

To expand on this a bit, there are some amazing additional sections added, specifically the ultra-clean breakdown section. I was seriously surprisd when I first heard it, and it fits so well, it's almost like it was originally written for the song and omitted for the game version. Ending is great as well.

Fantastic work and one of the best of '08 so far!

Definitely an anthem!

While the sound of the drums is too "big" and reverbed for my taste, I like the overall mixing. The guitar playing is sweet and the arrangement is good. I love when the acoustic guitar enters. I must say though, I'm not a fan of the synth, the way it sounds is a bit too cheesy. The ending on the other hand is tops, I especially dig the small bass break.

Overall good song. Go get it if you want som solid rawk!

Great track. I'm still confused as to how it beat Virt's Splatterhouse rendition on DoD, but it's an awesome tribute to an awesome track. The guitar tone is perfect for the song, and there's some sweet soloing. The choice of keyboard/synths or whatever the hell was used brings the happy nostalgic feeling of the source tune. The only problem I have is that there are a few notes out of scale, mostly on the fast guitar runs. Most people won't even notice this.

norg seems to have a talent for excellent guitar work. Also quite good at mixing source tunes without developing medleyitis. Ever heard Black Ice? I know I hear the S3K Robotnik theme mixed in seemlessly, just as here I can hear the Moon theme mixed with others in a way that makes their joining sound natural.

Another 5-star track for the mp3 player.

Wow, this is like the end credits to some epic 1980's "Badass teen in ripped up jeans makes good, kills bad guys, and generally kicks epic ass" movies. Hot, steamy, distributed guitar that is awesome, electric piano that smells nice... and it's Ducktales. WIN. I'm gonna go watch me some DuckTales now, in fact. DVD FTW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a cute little re-mix... think the title is kind of lame. Harden the duck up?

I mean, my duck's hard. Is yours? :<

Nice theme and variations.

I thought the ditty at the end was cute! I mean, it appears in the game when you die, but also whenever you were watching Ducktales, it would play whenever the show would cut to a commercial break.

Great start, middle and finish. Brought back memories of me playing my NES and watching Ducktales.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01686 - DuckTales "Harden the Duck Up!"