Bad Games and You

Brushfire

Final Fantasy 3: ...was pretty entertaining for a while, but the endgame quickly deteriorates into enemies that can kill you in one hit, even if your at level 70 (which made the necessary grinding feel useless), stupidly long sequences of boss fights, followed by palate swapped bosses-as-creatures that are just as hard as the originals, and then a final boss which can use one hit K.O.s on you for the hell of it. (Although the part where you die and are brought back was clever. Fooled me into turning off the DS in frustration the first time.)

The only thing I didn't like about FF3 for the DS was the fact they toned the difficulty WAY down from the original. Lvl 70 earned you a swift kick to the groin from the end boss as its ONLY move would take half your party's HP every turn. I love that game... but to each his own I suppose.

Hmm... horrible games I've owned... well technically I "owned" Portal Runner for a couple horrifying days before good sense took over and I got rid of it.

It came with a PS2 I got from someone who didn't play it anymore. Still makes me shudder just thinking about it...

Megaman Battle Network 4 was terrible -- loved the others though. Starforce was also repetitive and bad.

Most recently, Super Monkey Ball (Wii) and Cooking Mama (Wii). The DS games were great, and the Wii versions terrible. Luckily for me, I traded both of them in for Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the Wii, which is awesome.

My fiancee bought me Rayman DS, the worst game I've ever owned.

Thread over.

Thank God you didn't buy that new at retail price, or it would've taken weeks of group therapy to get you back to functioning as a (somewhat) normal human being.

I am sure that Superman wasn't as bad as ET the game was.

Now I wonder if anyone here has even had the misfortune of playing such crap.

I've actually played Superman 64 back in the day when I borrowed it from a family friend. Only got as far as to facing Darkseid in some weird area... never got farther then that.

Overall the game it self really did have poor controls, unimaginative scenarios as well as shoddy programming. Could have been great but so much crap killed it...

Mind you though I've bought Quest 64 and actually enjoyed it. Spent maybe one or two summer playing that game straight through a couple of times... :)!!

Wow. There are so many games included in this thread that have no business being here. Sonic Adventure DX I can understand, maybe (Big sucked "big" time). Maybe even Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Mario Kart Double Dash (even though I really liked 'em). But any of the Metroid Primes, Resident Evil 4, and Super Mario Sunshine is going too fricken far! I almost gouged my eyes out! And don't tell me to respect other's opinions. I don' wanna! There are other games that I didn't mention that also don't deserve the disrespect.

Anyhoo, my bad games would be Pikman (lol irony, just not my type of game), Pacman Adventure, Clayfighters (my friend brought his copy over to show me what he liked when he was a kid), THUG 2, and Tony Hawk's Project 8 (this one convinced me to swear off of Tony Hawk games for the rest of my life).

EDIT: I KNEW I was forgetting a game! Red Steel put a bad taste in my mouth...

I am sure that Superman wasn't as bad as ET the game was.

Now I wonder if anyone here has even had the misfortune of playing such crap.

*raises hand* I played it back when I was about 5 or 6. My uncle had it along with a bunch of other Atari games. I was bored and had nothing else to do.

I don't know if I'm still suffering from playing it or not.... it's hard to tell. But as it stands, that was the first and last time that I did play it.

Has anyone played TimeCop for the SNES? That was a pretty terrible game. I never owned it but I downloaded the rom for the hell of it. The levels have no direction and look exactly the same. The digitized main character only has four moves; shoot, duck, kick and jump. This is a game based off of a Van Damme movie you'd think they would at least include his signature splits in there! The enemies only have two moves; walk and shoot. The game is highly repetitive with some shitty music. Generic rock guitar with a voice sample that loops "Get on it. FBI." Someone should remix that, seriously.

BATTLEFIELD 2142 - I win. I was trying to decide between BF2142 and Hellgate: London. BF2142 was cheaper, so I went with that. After the first time trying to log in just to play offline, and getting endless 'Connection to EA Master Server Lost' errors, I immediately began to regret that decision.

City of Villains - A super villain MMORPG? Sounds like fun! Isn't. The best part of this game is creating your character. Everything afterwards is shit.

The Sims - Someone told me it was fun. As fun as watching paint dry, really.

The Bouncer - The first PS2 game I bought. I always thought of Square equating with quality. This game shattered that ideal. Don't even get me started on it (YOU NEED A FUCKING MULTITAP TO PLAY 2 PLAYER FOR FUCK'S SAKE).

probably some other games over the years I'm forgetting.

The Bouncer - The first PS2 game I bought. I always thought of Square equating with quality. This game shattered that ideal. Don't even get me started on it (YOU NEED A FUCKING MULTITAP TO PLAY 2 PLAYER FOR FUCK'S SAKE).

Holy shit, i just bought that game. Expecting it any day now! :lol:

It's meh at best...My friend loves that game.

I begged for Enter the Matrix for my birthday one year.

Boy, did I get more than I bargained for...

They're not terrible, but I did play through the mediocrity that is Medal of Honor: Frontline and Rising Sun. The AI in each is appalling, and it looks like absolutely no effort was put into the graphics. I quite liked the music, though.

Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. I want my $50 back. Plus ten for the strategy guide. Plus $50 in pain and suffering for me wasting my first week as a fifteen year old to try to convince myself that it couldn't possibly have been as bad as it seemed. Plus $100 in punitive damages. THQ, you owe me $200. Prima, you owe me $10. I'll be watching my mail.

While I didn't buy the game, I checked it out from work and boy o boy did I have a laugh. Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire is utter crap. Imagine Soul Calibur Legends(it came out before Soul Calibur Legends though), now divide it buy 109 this it what you come up with. I like games that try and "take advantage of the Wiimote". Har

While I didn't buy the game, I checked it out from work and boy o boy did I have a laugh. Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire is utter crap. Imagine Soul Calibur Legends(it came out before Soul Calibur Legends though), now divide it buy 109 this it what you come up with. I like games that try and "take advantage of the Wiimote". Har

I find it amusing that my local game retailer has about 8 copies of the game that haven't sold, and the price tags all say Dragon Blade: ROF. Maybe it's just though.

Our local retailer also has about 120 copies of 50 Cent: Bulletproof on sale for $2.50 - marked down over 12 times in it's life.

I find it amusing that my local game retailer has about 8 copies of the game that haven't sold, and the price tags all say Dragon Blade: ROF. Maybe it's just though.

Our local retailer also has about 120 copies of 50 Cent: Bulletproof on sale for $2.50 - marked down over 12 times in it's life.

It needs to hit $.49, just for the symmetry of it.