OCR00919 - Bahamut Lagoon "Dragons of Paradise"

djpretzel

For me, the highlight of the song is the fluctuation in tempo throughout the theme. The first time I listened to this song, I remember being kind of thrown off guard by the 1:11-1:16 point. However, I understand its artistic purpose. Great job with bringing the song through its various highs and lows.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

ive never played this game, and im reviewing it as a point to convey how the song affects me.

The vibe feels like im about to play Dead or alive on a Beach level of some sort. Its got a really cool vibe, and i especially love the sound effects. Some pretty neat time changes too. The greatest aspect of this song though is its euphoric value. I definitely feel like ive been taken somewhere else, like the world of some anime or something. (Sorry for the vagueness) but definitely appreciating this song. good work.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was digging the song when it sped up the several times it did. I felt that the introduction was drawn out too long with the same beat and could have had some variation to make it go down easier before the climax portions.

Other than that, the beat was still pretty awesome. I just have a natural bias against introductions that last for 40+ seconds without getting anywhere unless the song is really long.

• 1 year later...

This mix has a nice atmosphere, i liked a lot of the synth choices, and the piano cut pretty well. Interesting of how an ambient track can get kindof rocked out a little, and there's no melody to speak of, but it makes decent background music. I'm inclined to agree with DJP that it's a poor choice for a song to remix, but it was well done at least.

• 2 years later...

I can just barely track the melodic similarities between the staccato intro here and the source's equivalent (the Jojo part of Jojo and the God Dragons) - what a devious changeup to the notational placement. There's even a smidge of choir in there, if you listen closely. The faster sections catch me off-guard (the 2nd one moreso) if I focus on those cross-panned square waves (?) that precede them (yes, they do resemble the "dropping a key down a well" sound in FF4). 1:39+ takes on a pensive air thanks to the addition of the bass synth. It's easier to focus on the drums here because they're not as buried, and I can appreciate the 2:02 flourish.

Very skybound.

• 1 year later...

Although it's a flying track, I could definitely imagine it used for some underwater exploring, ala Ecco. It's calm yet urgent. Inspiring throughout with little breaks from that feeling (eg. 1:40-1:46) and even the breaks just seem intended to push us up again.

Flying? Swimming? Either way, it's cool. ^_^

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00919 - Bahamut Lagoon "Dragons of Paradise"