OCR01687 - Mega Man 2 "The Annihilation of Monsteropolis"

djpretzel

I rarely feel the need to chime in on a song (q.v.: post count) but yeah, this is _extremely_ well done. I've never heard lyrics fit into a Remix as well as you guys have managed here. Eyeing that merch page now. Kudos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this song :)

I'm not to fond over his voice, but it's ten times better than I sing so it's all great... The lyrics are really great at times and at other times, not as good.

- My fav part is:

"Do you know, what it's like to be built this way

with only the power to push others away"

The drumworks in the song could definatly be improved. The pace of it sometimes goes from slow to fast at a not so brilliant place.

As for the song as a whole: Highly recommended, and I just love it.

Their metal man remix also rocks ;) "Welcome to my level, my name is metal man, I throw metal blades from my metal hands. I dance around with style and finess, better watch out for these blades or you'll end up headless"

• 11 months later...

This is awesome.

it definitely succeeds in creating a blaring rock rendition of a Mega Man classic, and also developing a lot of personality at the same time through the lyrics. I always find sympathetic perspectives of villians really interesting, so the mix (and the album) was always destined to be right up my alley.

While I wish the sound and the vocals could have been richer, what's here does the job well. It plateaus in intensity quite early, which isn't exactly a problem, especially since it is capped off with the terrific accompanied spoken section. It provides a nice ending and incorporates the build structure that the majority of the mix lacked.

I would say the end section is crucial in allowing this mix to be more than just well-produced rock with some conceptual garnish. I'm pleased that it's much better than that, as I'm sure a lot of people are.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As a semi-direct consequence of this, I went out and got the rest of the album and haven't regretted it. :razz:

But this (and the rest) are truly awesome songs. What I love is how they greatly expanded the robot masters' personalities, turning Airman into a pained being bent on destruction because of how his design curses him to live a life of forced solitude.

This is one of those mixes whose depth of enjoyment isn't just limited to mere musical arrangement but to the philosophical expansion of a personality of a character, in this case Airman from MM2.

This piece comes so highly recommended.

• 9 months later...

I heard the acoustic version of this...and I have to say, these guys are the real deal. I personally like the acoustic version better, just because it conveys airman's sadness remarkably well, but you really can't go wrong with either of these works. Good job, Megas! I hope you guys make an acoustic version of each album you release, the vocal work is really solid and I love the harmonies you guys throw down.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Absolutely love the Megas ReMixes and work in general. The lyrics fit Air Man so well, puns and all. This type of rocking arrangement is great for this source and the overall arrangement for this ReMix is damn near perfect. I've listened to both versions of this, but either way, Air Man gets justice with this song. Awesome stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01687 - Mega Man 2 "The Annihilation of Monsteropolis"