Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

I for one am very interested in hearing a remix of the beehive level's track. It needs some more attention because it's a good track but people seem to overlook it. (Unless someone can prove me wrong by sending a ton of links to remixes of said track n_n )

Looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with. Faillure is not an option >_>

I for one am very interested in hearing a remix of the beehive level's track. It needs some more attention because it's a good track but people seem to overlook it. (Unless someone can prove me wrong by sending a ton of links to remixes of said track n_n )

Looking forward to hearing what everyone comes up with. Faillure is not an option >_>

That's kinda funny, because everyone wanted Flight of the Zinger, but virt snatched it really quickly. If you REALLY need convincing of virt's quality, just know that he's the one who wrote Contra 4's soundtrack, amongst countless others (check out http://virt.vgmix.com ).

I'm going to say this though - so far from what I've heard of the project, I'm pretty satisfied in general, with some I'm really looking forward to seeing completed versions of some of these rough sketches/wips. I won't let unsatisfactory songs go by without a fight!

That's kinda funny, because everyone wanted Flight of the Zinger, but virt snatched it really quickly. If you REALLY need convincing of virt's quality, just know that he's the one who wrote Contra 4's soundtrack, amongst countless others (check out http://virt.vgmix.com ).

I'm going to say this though - so far from what I've heard of the project, I'm pretty satisfied in general, with some I'm really looking forward to seeing completed versions of some of these rough sketches/wips. I won't let unsatisfactory songs go by without a fight!

Ehehe, I was mostly joking when I said "faillure is not an option" :)

That's kind of surprising though that you say 'everyone' wanted to do that song. Maybe the people who didn't get to do it for the project can still do it outside of it when they have time/effort. I'd love to hear their take on it.

Good to know that you're happy with what you heard so far, btw. That's very promising :) (Unless they're all hip-hop style and you happen to be the biggest rap fan or something* )

Must...wait...

*It's perfectly fine if you are, it's just not my cup of soda n_n

Sure, but I think he was saying that when you start it is most important because once a track is taken, you can't do it anymore.

Well, we intend on giving ample time for the deadlines - our first deadline was 5 months after we kickstarted the project, and we haven't thought of when our next deadline should be yet. However, we are pretty stringent as to what is good enough to be on the project - the invites had the first dibs in the first place, and some great tracks opened up due to lack of wips or in someone else's case, lack of time. There are still a few other established names who are interested as well, although I'm sure they may be dismayed that some tracks they might've been sitting for got snatched up really quickly.