Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Medleys can be good. Voices of the Lifestream had The Golden Ivories of Gaia, which was a pretty nice medley. So I think a medley for this would work awesomely. The music flows quite well, imo, and the songs should flow into eachother quite smoothly.

Also, Crocodile Cacophony and Snakey Chantey (the Rattle Battle stage BGM) better be extremely epic. I want to have an epicity overload here, people!

Just listened to the sample, and i must say, it's very tantelizing. Crocodile Cacaphony sounds like its deftinely looking up to my expectations, and I recognized Virt's work right off the bat. I'm really digging how these tracks are following the original beat while going through different avenues of sound; even if they are just samples and are still in progress. Good job as always guys.

I've been keeping track of what's being posted on this thread, as I'm a fan of DKC 2 music, and I look VERY forward towards the release of this album. It sounds like this'll be a Christmas release, or at least a new years ones.

Just listened to the sample, and i must say, it's very tantelizing. Crocodile Cacaphony sounds like its deftinely looking up to my expectations, and I recognized Virt's work right off the bat. I'm really digging how these tracks are following the original beat while going through different avenues of sound; even if they are just samples and are still in progress. Good job as always guys.

I've been keeping track of what's being posted on this thread, as I'm a fan of DKC 2 music, and I look VERY forward towards the release of this album. It sounds like this'll be a Christmas release, or at least a new years ones.

I'm surprised you think like this here, because Taucer and I both are surprised with what directions some people took some of these tracks - let's just say that they weren't what we expected. I guess you guys will see what I mean when the project is out.

Well, a lot of times I do tend to expect techno snaffu, as that's one of my favored genres of music, but I'm also quite flexible (Drawing the line with a few, such as country and rap). Some tracks that aren't entirely close to techno or rock, or ones that take a path that i don't expect, often make me go O.o.

But usually after listening to the tracks a couple of times, I kind of start warming up to the whole tune, enjoying the break from techno. And i must say, I'm definitely looking forward to being surprised; in a good way, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, even though OLR's project is done, there's a good chance this will be released before theirs... haha.

Shame no one wants the map theme. I don't have the first clue about remixing, but if I had the skill or the time I'd definitely do it. Seems like a pretty easy source for inspiration, to me.

I WILL NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

Even if I have to go to Arizona myself and steal Zimish/Pocketman's computer to get the songs.

haha, i really do apologize XO.

i swear to God i just read your pm and sent one to Gimgak. When my old computer fried i realized i lost his e-mail. so all i have to do is wait for it and send them!

Shame no one wants the map theme.

I'm up for it Taucer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
After the project is done, someone should start a DKC3 Project and get SGX and Sephfire to do a collab on Boss Boogie. :nicework:

I would love a DKC3 project. Am I the only person who likes the music in that game?

Can't wait for this project to come out, though. DKC2's OST rocks so much.

I would love a DKC3 project. Am I the only person who likes the music in that game?

Can't wait for this project to come out, though. DKC2's OST rocks so much.

You're not alone Ski, and if you've played DKC3 for the GBA, you know the music is completely different from the SNES version. Most of them are pretty cool, but the snowy level is hilariously bad.

I wonder why no one here did a DKC1 album project before this...