Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

I have a DKC3 remix to be posted :3

Sweet! If you don't mind, what song is it a remix of (and if asking what song is being remixed before it's released is a faux paus on here, I sincerely apologize; I'm a newb here).

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet. You guys are awesome. I was about to post some requests for DKC2 but decided to check the project forum first and voila! So many awesome tracks left to be done (at least on ocr), or redone as the case may be. Blows my mind that a non-rpg has music with such passion. So thanks for taking this on! I'll now be quiet and impatiently await the release.

EDIT (take two), to avoid dual-posting: I wasn't trying to say RPG soundtracks were the pinnacle of vg music, rather that the good ones have music that can tug on your heart strings and really make you feel one way or another for a character... that's what I meant by passion. I also should have said RPG/adventure games. To me, the DKC2 soundtrack almost sounds out-of-place at times because there is so much feeling in the music, and maybe it's just me but I don't get that out of a Castlevania or a Mega Man... great tunes but of a completely different sort. Anyway, all I really wanted to do was compliment the folks here for doing the time-consuming and what sometimes must be ungratifying work of remixing and for doing it on a great game.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Oh, I can't wait to listen to the tracks. I've been constantly looking at the list for a progress report (The one on the first post of this topic), and I'm getting tense to see what everyone did.

Although it looks like the map theme may not get it's chance, which is one of my favorites (Not the favorite) in the game.

On a side note, has the list actually been updated recently to reflect any new changes in the tracks' progress?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Oh, I can't wait to listen to the tracks. I've been constantly looking at the list for a progress report (The one on the first post of this topic), and I'm getting tense to see what everyone did.

Although it looks like the map theme may not get it's chance, which is one of my favorites (Not the favorite) in the game.

On a side note, has the list actually been updated recently to reflect any new changes in the tracks' progress?

THe tracklist is partially up-to-date. Hopefully we'll have it completely up-to-date in the next week or so.

A couple of claims might be dropping.