Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - History

Geoffrey Taucer

Instruments can convey messages quite sufficiently. It leaves you with a far more cerebral experience than being spoonfed an idea through a melodic poem. Don't mind me if you find my opinion offensive, you may continue with your 'artistic vision' as it were.

Boy, are you going to hate the death metal vocals in Crocodile Cacophany.

Your sagacity is astounding.

You mean like in game music?

Anyway... did you ever consider people might not want to make their pieces instrumental for the sake of conforming to a societal craving for instrumental music?

Your argument is fallacious. Purely instrumental music is far from mainstream.

Touche. Now if only we could keep it that way.

You're totally right. Lets stigmatize the entirety of popular vocal music because you don't really like it and then we can all smoke pipes and bask in the resultant formant-devoid purity whilst using fun big words and being pointlessly condescending about those who have clearly lost their way and/or taste in music.

Oh and yeah, zyko has like always totally been a social conformer and stuff. You totally called him on that one.

It's the Tales project thread all over again...

I'd like to second that motion. It appears that this topic once again diverged from DKC2 Project discussion to bit a of a flames war, albeit with some DKC2 project mixed into the discussion. Granted, I'd like to see everyone's response to this guy who thinks his opinion matters so much that every other remixer must listen to him; to put it lightly. However, while I'm not a moderator here, I do have enough experiance to know that the thread has started to dripple into the similar flame war we saw about the Tales project, so I think it would be best if we ended this.

Seriously dude, stop insulting people before you've officially dig yourself a grave.

Haha, you guys think the Tales project thread was a flame war? It would seem most of you missed the arguments from some the older projects. Both this and Tales have had nowhere near the level of drama of, say, S3&K in the stages before SnappleMan stepped up, or Chrono Symphonic (both the regular and its "Special Edition" threads). In fact, I'm pretty proud of the lack of drama with SoS. I think there's some misconception about the prerelease antics for that one. Sure, Snapple was being a dick, but that's just how he always is.

Anyway, carry on.